Sales Director: Grid Software
Join over 1k people and receive free job offers in your inbox
Join the leading tech provider of grid-related software solutions to secure and accelerate the energy transition in Middle East. Siemens Grid Software is focused on bringing software products and solutions to market for grid operators, market traders, utilities, municipalities, industry and infrastructure customers.
As Sales Director for our Sales activities in Oman, you will have the unmatched opportunity to make a significant impact and shape the energy future of the country.
Your new role will be inspiring, future-oriented and requires a creative and business-driven mindset, with great assertiveness and a strong ability to focus in complex and disrupting environments. You will drive and be accountable for new sales and account development for our key accounts in Oman, on the growth agenda of the Siemens Grid Software business unit in Middle East.
Your challenge is to define and execute top-down account and market plans for transmission and distribution utilities in Oman, as well as industry and infrastructure players, namely O&G, chemical, mining, airports, sea ports, and more. Your impact will be to manage extreme business growth in a disrupting business environment, set and execute corresponding sales & account development plans, commensurate marketing strategies as well as expanding our product footprint. As such, you are accountable for the overall Sales quotas of the business in Oman. You will need to orchestrate a wide network of stakeholders within the local and global Siemens community – and beyond. Key to success will be to build deep customer relationships paired with a strong understanding of the business, while overseeing and shaping our client’s continuous development.
What you’ll do:
- Identify opportunities, initiate and support bid preparation and submission until award
- Support marketing activities within the accounts, their consultants and prospective EPCs, including presentations and workshops
- Full responsibility for developing winning pricing strategies
- Build strong and long-lasting relationships and grow business with our Omani accounts
- Gain profound understanding of specific customers, including their needs, business model, industry trends, competition and key organization initiatives
- Ensure that annual account targets are met, and strategic actions plans are developed and executed
- Be accountable for quotas, forecasts and market outlooks in Oman
- Facilitate long-term holistic strategy for customer retention to leverage future opportunities and growth
- Engage with customers at the CxO level and their direct reports, as well as on technical and engineering levels, as a thought leader to outline how our solutions can help our clients master and accelerate the energy transition
- Lead contract negotiations, systematically follow up on opportunities and ensure overall business profitability
- Manage and execute an extreme growth of business
- Develop partner strategies and ensure ramp-up of partner business
- Develop and implement creative ideas to minimize the importance of price and maximize the importance of product performance
- Ensure client satisfaction, incorporate feedback, and develop clients along their full journey
- Acquire new customers through analytical processing of market and customer data for sales initiatives, proactive tracking of leads, qualification of customers
- Support the pre-sales team by providing concise input to win business
- Graduate degree in Business / Engineering / Computer Science or comparable
- 5+ years of sales experience in the space of electrical, automation and software sales/business development capacity
- Having worked for a leading tech company in the above-mentioned areas of business
- Experience and exposure to grid operator business, and as a plus to industries such as O&G, chemical, metals and mining, and infrastructures
- Excellent understanding of energy transmission and distribution technologies, mainly in SCADA, IT/OT integration, digitalization with IoT solutions and cyber security
- Excellent understanding of core power and water utility processes
- Understanding of smart grid use cases and digitalization in grid operations
- Sophisticated executive demeanor – comfortable operating with very senior clients and demonstrated ability to create long term relationships
- Strong inspirational capabilities to persuade and take clients along into new growth fields and business that will help them master disruptive business challenges
- Proven leadership skills regarding results focus, accountability, and reliability
- A team-oriented and collaborative approach including outstanding listening skills and ability to manage through influence
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills in English and Arabic
- Existing network of contacts in power utility market in Oman is a plus
- Modern, dynamic and flexible work environment tailored to your needs in the Post-Covid new normal
- Trustful and inspiring team that supports you on your personal growth path
- Inspiration and continuous learning opportunities from a broad set of tools and networks
- Above-market salary level with on top high incentive pay
- Additional social and financial benefits as part of the Siemens package
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please note: We provide equal opportunities to everyone. Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process.
in oman , Muscat city
number of positions
1 Jobs available, apply now