Design & Architecture - Professional
Join over 1k people and receive free job offers in your inbox
The Design and Architecture Lead assists the Regional Hospitality Director for NEOM’s Hotels Sector, and provides support for other key sector assets. Responsible for leading the management, coordination, and optimization of the design of the Region’s hospitality asset’s within NEOM, from project inception to delivery and handover, including the interfaces with related infrastructure assets.
- Provide initial facilities area programs aligned with hotel feasibilities.
- Assist Regional Hospitality Director in establishing hotel the vision and strategy for new and existing masterplan projects.
- Provides technical inputs on design vision, project positioning, scope requirements, and project schedules for initial planning.
- Assists and reviews the risk mitigation measures, to ensure that the project completion and timelines are met.
- Manages internal and external teams to ensure that feasibility, program, design, technical, quality and specifications of the projects are achieved through to completion and handover.
- Reviews the specific asset development and design briefs to reflect project intent and objectives.
- Provides inputs and reviews with the operator negotiations as they relate to the Technical Services Agreements with Operators.
- Ensures that the design aspects of the proposed masterplan, phases and individual assets meets NEOM’s and NEOM Hotels business vision and strategy.
- Prepares, updates and revises area summary, design briefs, operating criteria, design standards and outline of consultant’s scope of responsibilities.
- Participates in, and directs consultants through concept design, schematic design, design development, construction documents, and post-opening deficiency phase.
- Assists in the selection of all consultants and reviews their description of scope of services.
- Meets with consultants to review the design brief and operating criteria & design standards.
- Review consultant’s responsibilities, budget controls and reporting functions.
- Provides detailed direction to the specialist consultants - kitchen and laundry designers, IT, audio visual, acoustic, lighting, landscaping, etc.
- Prepares the delivery strategy of the hotel developments, coordinates with and integrates the input from other support functions; technical, legal, finance, market research, sales, and marketing and operations, to deliver the project development plan.
- Instruct, organize, and coordinate all development disciplines with the objective of harmonizing the diversified functions, to deliver completed projects in accordance with the objectives established in the approved business plan.
- Coordinate and integrate the development schedules of various stakeholders into the development program to ensure cohesion and alignment
- Holds responsibility for the quality of product delivery at masterplan, concept development, detailed design development, construction, and where required fit-out stages.
- Establishes procedures for maintaining high standards of quality, reliability, and safety in project designs, by implementing and maintaining design control systems and monitoring procedures for contracted architects.
- Develops reporting procedures on the progress of the designs.
- Provides advice and expertise on improving product / asset designs and minimizes any risk factors.
- Evaluates and develops improved techniques for the control of product designs, quality, reliability, and safety.
- Liaise with Operators technical teams to ensure TSA review process is adhered for NEOM contractual obligations.
- Monitors the construction and execution of projects, from initial stages of construction through to substantial completion.
- Ensures the commitment to safety, environment, social responsibility, quality assurance and control are maintained to achieve the integrity of the hotel projects under construction.
- Brings projects to a successful completion and provides leadership and guidance throughout all phases of the project.
- Assists owner’s consultants, contractors and project management teams on value engineering sessions when required.
- Works with the project managers to prepare the handover schedule and keeps this updated.
- Ensures the NEOM brand standards and product standards are incorporated into all projects, and the integrity of the design standards are adhered to.
- Ensures the professional development of staff, and ensures they keep abreast of technical developments, relevant regulations, and industry best practices.
- Resolves conflict and evaluates information for more in-depth relevant information for decision-making.
- Set objectives/ KPl’s / milestones for the respective department / function and conducts appraisals for any direct reports.
- To seek opportunities to join professional hotel design related associations, to keep abreast of new technology and hotel design issues.
- Bachelor’s degree (from accredited professional program) or Master’s of Architecture, Engineering, Interior Design, or Construction Management;
- Professional licensing (NCARB, AIA, RIBA) is a plus.
- LEED Accredited or other sustainability certifications are strongly encouraged.
- min 3+ years’ experience within the hotel and development sectors.
- Experience with international operator, and developer experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of hotel operations including Front of House and Back of House planning.
- Strong knowledge of
- Must have extensive knowledge of hospitality design and processes required to assist in contract negotiations, oversee design development, ensure construction is in line with brand standards.
- Proficient with technical software (AutoCAD, Microsoft Project, Primavera, MS Suite, etc.)
- Proven track record in delivery of hotel projects.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to think cross-functionally to assist hospitality team members.
- Positive and agile personality with an ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Professional proficiency in English (written and verbal)
in Saudi Arabia , Tabuk city
number of positions
1 Jobs available, apply now