Senior Procurement Specialist
Join over 1k people and receive free job offers in your inbox
The Senior Procurement Specialist –leads the procurement of low to high complexity project packages and supports the Procurement Manager and Procurement Director on the execution of the procurement for projects, working effectively with internal departments, external stakeholders and other members of the Procurement team.
While carrying out procurement activities, the Procurement Professional Function Lead provides commercial leadership in project teams, developing and executing creative strategies to ensure work is conducted with rigorous professional standards in full compliance with NEOM governance.
Key Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Activities
Policies & Procedures
- Manages the Procurement of packages following NEOM policies, procedure and processes.
- Follows procurement and contracting Policy and Procedures.
- Assesses governance documents and suggests improvements to contracting strategies.
- Reviews End User Scopes and advises most appropriate tendering and contracting strategy.
- Examine scope of work and other information provided by End Users and/or consultants for completeness and consistency.
- Compiles and Prepares Tender Documents to be issued.
- Prepare comprehensive ITT packages: develop Expression of Interest (EOI) Pre-Qualification requests, conduct EOI / PQQ’s, evaluate EOI / PQQ responses
- Manages the communication, bidder’s queries and Tender Addendums during the tender period with necessary input from the End User where required.
- Coordinate and attend technical and commercial bid openings.
- Preform evaluation of commercial aspects of the technical submissions and evaluation of the commercial bid.
- Prepares recommendation for award for Notice of Award.
- Prepares contract documents for signature and execution.
- Issues Letter of Reward and Regret as appropriate.
- Provides advice on all contractual issues during the complete life cycle of the Contract until the contract closes out.
- Monitor supplier performance to ensure targets are met and identify ways to improve the supply chain process with suppliers
- Ensures effective document records are retained and audit and performance management mechanisms are in place.
- Coaches junior team members to develop new insights from analysis and leading to a deliver solid set of actionable recommendations.
- Identify opportunities and lead efforts for cost reduction and increased efficiencies
- Provide technical advice on specifications supply and logistics arrangements to facilitate efficient procurement, clearance, storage and distribution of supplies and equipment, services and works to be delivered.
- Assess supply operations and control mechanisms and advise on appropriate actions
- Work with the other NEOM Sectors and Departments, as required.
- Ensure preparation of status reports required for budget reviews, schedule analysis, annual reports, or other reports as may be required.
- Accountable for quality and timeliness of critical deliverables and communications.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Able to communicate effectively with mid-level and senior stakeholders.
- Able to determine the actions, risks and end results required in order to get the job done.
- Ability to respond appropriately in unplanned and unforeseen circumstances.
Analytical Skills / Problem Solving / Decision Making
- Advanced analytical interpretation and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced problem-solving skills and techniques - able to understand and carry out spend analysis; draw out conclusions and fact-based decision making from this.
- Excellent Knowledge of Procurement processes and procedures.
- Advanced document drafting and contract formation skills.
- Familiarity with the FIDIC suite of contracts.
- Specialist knowledge of procurement concepts, processes, activities and trends.
- Highly numerate, with highly developed analytical skills using qualitative and quantitative data.
- Knowledgeable of procurement/materials practices, economic principles, international codes, standards, procedures and specifications.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Hands-on experience with ERP systems, especially SAP, ORACLE
- Hands-on experience with e-procurement (SAP ARIBA, COUPA) solutions preferred
- Lead by example, promoting the highest standards of conduct, integrity and probity.
- Ability to coach / lean members of the Procurement team.
- Ability to think about and suggest ideas, which add value to the project procurement.
- Ability to plan deliverables, milestone and sign-off points.
- Ability to schedule and monitor activities to achieve organizational goals.
- Recognizes when to use different negotiation approaches and builds trusting relationships when resolving conflicts.
- Successfully achieves results through persuasion and confident communication. Develops trust and uses logic, reasoning and bargaining strategies to gain commitment with internal and external stakeholders.
BACKGROUND, QUALIFICATIONS & Experience,
- Commerce, Construction, Engineering , Quantity Surveying degree level plus formal contracting experience.
- Procurement Qualification (e.g. CIPS, equivalent or relevant Masters)
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in Procurement organizations with at least 5 years applicable experience in managing / leading project procurement.
- International and Middle East experience advantageous.
- Expert Knowledge of procurement concepts, processes, activities and trends
- Experience of developing contracts and relationship management with vendors
- Experience working with FIDIC or similar suite of contracts is preferable
- Experience in drafting contract documents across various stages of the project lifecycle (e.g. SOW, Charter, progress reports, Gantt charts, etc.)
- Experience of infrastructure large capital projects, preferable.
- Fluency in English.
- (Arabic is advantageous but not essential)
in Saudi Arabia , Tabuk city
number of positions
1 Jobs available, apply now