Procurement & Logistics Specialist
Join over 1k people and receive free job offers in your inbox
- Sourcing procurement of simulator/aircraft parts, tools, and consumables required.
- Liaise with suppliers on loans, exchanges, sales, quotations, purchases, warranties etc.
- Maintain and develop business relationships with key personnel involved in or directly relevant to a logistics activity, including engineers, vendors, suppliers, and shipping/freight coordinators.
- Identify local and international vendors, suppliers and suitable refurbishment contractors to provide cost effective replacements & repairs, and to support improvements initiatives (look and feel).
- Generate, process, and track purchase orders and associated payments, in collaboration with the finance department and with the required approvals from management.
- Collaborate with the technical operations departments to meet the requirements for spare and/or replacement parts, to take advantage of cost saving opportunities or, in the case of shortages, to minimize and/or mitigate any potential impact on the training delivery and the business.
- Prepare, send, and receive shipments, in adherence and compliance with local & International laws & regulations, safety standards, as well as any applicable export control policies & regulations.
- Negotiate agreements, and pricing with shipping or freight companies
- Process, complete, and file the associated shipping documentation such as: shipment manifests, purchase orders, repair orders, commercial invoices, air way bills, and import/export documentation.
- Notify the technical operations department of incoming or outgoing parts or consumables.
- Make use of the Maintenance Management System to record, track, and review the requirements and flow of parts and consumables required for maintenance of the training devices.
- Work with the technical operations department to manage the stores, ensure that items are stored in the right location, and ensure that the quantities in the stores reflect the inventory.
- Work with CAE Customer Service for shipments, repairs, advance exchanges, etc…
- Perform regular internal inventory audits, and assist in external inventory audits.
- Keep track of consumable levels, and place orders in a timely manner to avoid shortages.
- Ensure that all tools are calibrated (if required) and up-to-date. Update the associated trackers and file calibration certificates for review by customers, and internal/external auditors.
Job Qualifications and required skills:
- Strong technical background in aviation is required, e.g. degree as an aircraft maintenance engineer, or aerospace engineer, etc.
- At lest 3-4 years of experience in working within a logistics department with knowledge and experience in the fields of project management and logistic best practices.
- Knowledge of Flight Simulation Training Devices is a MUST.
- Knowledge of Aircraft parts procurement is a MUST.
- Strong knowledge of MS office (word, excel, etc..)
- Strong knowledge of database management (collecting, storing, organizing, and analyzing data).
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), including presentation and training skills
- Ability to multi task and meet tight deadlines.
- Team player who is cooperative with sharing of information and knowledge
- Proven ability to work on the administrative and operational side of the business.
- Great planning and organization skill.
- Adequate fitness condition as the position requires some level of physical work.
CAE remercie tous les candidats de leur intérêt. Toutefois, nous communiquerons uniquement avec les candidats dont l'expérience et la formation correspondent aux exigences du poste.
Énoncé sur l'égalité d'accès à l'emploi
À CAE, tout le monde peut contribuer à notre succès. Sans exception.
Comme le reflète notre valeur principale 'Un CAE', nous sommes fiers d’être une seule équipe passionnée, sans frontières et inclusive.
À CAE, tous les employés sont accueillis indépendamment de leur race, de leur nationalité, de leur couleur, de leurs croyances, de leur sexe, de leur identité et de leur expression de genre, de leur orientation sexuelle, de leur handicap, de leur neurodivergence ou de leur âge.
Dans cette offre d’emploi, le masculin générique est utilisé uniquement pour alléger le texte et désigne aussi bien le genre masculin, genre féminin ou diverses identités de genre.
in Qatar , Doha city
number of positions
1 Jobs available, apply now