Join over 1k people and receive free job offers in your inbox
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type
Local - Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
Job title: Project Manager
The Project Manager is a key member of the broader Jordan Field Operations team and supports the work of the World Vision Syria Response in Jordan. He/she will manage several projects focused on community engagement in the area of Child Protection and Gender and Social Inclusion. The position holder will oversee both direct implementation and manage a range of partners implementing various aspects of the program, reporting on the interventions and impact of WV and partners.
He/she will be responsible for the overall management of the project, including set-up and implementation of the all sectors in the project. She/he will ensure that activities are monitored and delivered to a high quality. The post holder will also ensure that all programme interventions are highly valued by the partners and acknowledged as addressing the needs of beneficiaries.
- Ensure that all project’s goals and activities are delivered on-time within scope and within budget
- Coordinate and supervise all project activities in close collaboration with the Operations Manager and technical advisors and coordinators
- Ensure coordination with local partners and international actors
- Coordinate and supervise local partner activities
- Prepare detailed planning and reporting of project activities including (human resources, risk mapping, schedule, budget, quality control)
- Organize administrative and financial matters related to the project activities, including oversight of the project budgets
- Monitor and evaluate ongoing activities and report on unmet needs and gaps
- Perform regular monitoring site visits
- In partnership with the Community Engagement Coordinator, assess staff training needs, evaluate gaps and mentor staff
- Coordinate with the broader WVSR Jordan Field Operations team
- Create and maintain (including storage) comprehensive project documentation
- Represent WV activities regarding the project as requested
- Conduct monthly coordination meetings with staff and write minutes
- Actively participate in internal and external coordination meetings as needed
- Promoting good practices and incorporate lessons learnt in to project implementation and in any new designs
- Prepare and update the timetable and work plan of activities under the project
- Organize and ensure a timely, proper written weekly and monthly reporting;
- Prepare project narrative and financial reports;
- Propose new activities according to identified needs and suggest solutions for problems encountered with activities, budget/work plan/human resources, discuss them with Jordan team and participate to the decision making process,
Project Finance and Support
- Assess procurement needs, coordinate and supervise the correctness of WV finance/admin procedures in line with the donor and in close collaboration with Finance and Logistic/Procurement Manager;
- Ensure that soft and hard records are kept for all procurement contracts (services, goods, works);
- Ensure timely and supervise project payments;
- Monitor expenditure, budgets and expenses tracking activities for the project, address under/over expenditure as necessary
- Coordinate for payment of regular expenses, payment schedule and installments to contractors related to the project
- Prepare monthly financial planning related to the project
- Any other duties relating to the nature of the job as directed by the Operations Manager or direct supervisor
Required Professional Experience
- Proven working experience in project management for 3 years and more with INGOs.
- 2 years of staff Management.
- Considerable knowledge and experience with budgets and procurement processes
- Working knowledge of the logical framework approach to project design, monitoring and evaluation/ project cycle management.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team
- Highly organized and ability to multi-task
- Very good and efficient communicator.
- Good interpersonal skills, Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity, and physical stamina
- Excellent English skills (both oral and written). Arabic is a plus
- Flexible to work in field locations, able and willing to travel to the area of operation on a regular basis to meet the project requirements.
- self-motivated, positive attitude and with a willingness to learn.
- Ability to recognize problems and solve them efficiently.
- Ability to cope and work under pressure.
- Computer literate mainly in Microsoft Office package.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
BA degree in business management, social work, social science, education, or humanitarian aid/development.
Preferred Knowledge And Qualifications
- Familiar with core principles of Children Rights, Child Protection, Participation, Do No Harm, Sphere
- Knowledge of and adherence to the Child Protection Standards, Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct
- Experience with child protection and/or education; background in dealing with children and youth is a plus
- Experience in dealing with local suppliers
- PMP background
Applicant Types Accepted
Local Applicants Only
in Jordan , Amman city
number of positions
1 Jobs available, apply now