Assistant Procurement Manager - NALI
Join over 1k people and receive free job offers in your inbox
Support Procurement Manager with delivering key targets related to the Tropical Oils Portfolio in terms of Cost and Cash, Quality and Service, Innovation and Sustainability commitments.
Job Key Responsibilities
- Support Procurement Manager in developing and executing Palm portfolio strategy
- Assess supply market and adapt strategy according to market conditions
- Assess supplier capability and suitability through regular site visits and reporting back on findings
- Develop and improve supplier cost models to drive increase in transparency of cost drivers
- Unlock cash and cost value through setting up and execution of benchmarking, RFQs, E-tenders. Support delivery of savings and creditor extension program for portfolio
- Support and occasionally lead supplier negotiations
- Track, understand and translate global Palm feedstock and forex markets and translate into price forecasts required regularly by business.
- Provide market intelligence to PM and business leaders to assist in strategic decision making
- Support innovation by identifying capable suppliers to deliver required specifications of materials
- Connect with R&D business partners to understand future supplier technology and capability roadmap that supports value delivery and USLP. Assist in delivering roadmap
- Allocate new materials to suppliers to deliver best cost/service/quality in line with portfolio strategy
- Lead on-boarding of new suppliers by driving full quality and responsible sourcing compliance
- Ensure 100% contractual compliance through signing of Unilever Purchasing Agreements and Commercial Term Contracts as well as Special Term Contracts
- Agree quarterly and annual material prices with suppliers. Implement into new CTC. Submit prices to proc ops colleagues for contract upload
- Regularly connect with procurement operations and category colleagues to understand GM, service, quality, capacity, WC hot spots. Engage suppliers and adapt strategy to drive improvement in hot-spot areas
- Assist in driving the sustainability agenda across the Palm Portfolio to meet Unilever sustainability targets and commitments
- Support and drive the delivery of the NDPE (Deforestation free) Palm Oil agenda – lead and influence business stakeholders to land project Marvel2 on time and in full
- Procurement Insights and Analysis: Understand category and functional strategies and procurement requirements; Industry, economic, competition and supplier insights
- Procurement Strategy Formulation: Developing material and services supply strategy; Develop supplier strategies; Integrating procurement strategy into the business
- Procurement Strategy Execution and Performance Management: Competitive bidding and tendering; Supplier negotiation; Supplier qualification and on-boarding; Contractual supplier engagement; Supplier performance measurement and management
- Partnering with Suppliers to Win: Attract, select, manage and motivate partners; Identifying value creating opportunities
- Driving Sustainability through Procurement: Materials and/or services Supply Chain analysis and risk assessment; Evidence-based measurement for sustainability
Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree - preferably in Business, Engineering or Supply Chain management
- not less that 5 years’ experience in Procurement or Supply Chain
- Experience on large-scale change management projects
- Demonstrate analytical and conceptual problem-solving skills
- Good command MS Office (including advanced excel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and work under pressure with autonomy.
- Be able to effectively lead and engage cross-functional global teams and a willingness to take responsibility and accountability.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to think innovatively deliver results in a lean, agile organization and be able to adapt to changing priorities.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
in Egypt , Giza city
number of positions
1 Jobs available, apply now