Junior Experience Design Consultant
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
At Serco, our purpose is to be a trusted partner of governments, delivering superb public services that transform outcomes and make a positive difference for our fellow citizens.
ExperienceLab is Serco’s people-centered design and innovation agency – a global brand across 4 locations. ExperienceLab’s vision is a world better designed for everyone. We’re creating it by bringing human insight to life.
Successful candidates for ExperienceLab's graduate program will have the chance to learn from seasoned service designers and innovation consultants while playing a crucial part in developing solutions that transform the way our clients deliver services.
Serco delivers essential public services to customers in the UAE on behalf of governments, semi-governments and large private corporations.
- Assist the Experience Designer with project work and work with others to gather, analyse and synthesise data
- Carry out research activities from attending kick off meetings, recruiting participants, preparing discussion guides, and supporting the moderation of research sessions
- Communicate insights, using visual, written and verbal skills and support in creating service design artefacts (e.g. journey maps, service blueprints, persona etc.)
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and deliver forward looking solutions and support with prototyping and testing products with real customers and stakeholder clients
- Demonstrate ideas and innovation to remove inefficiency and proactively challenge/make change happen
- Build a deep understanding of Serco and our customers and communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders, colleagues, customers and team members.
- What we are looking for in our candidates
- Degree level qualification ideally backed by a passion for design
- A genuine interest in people and services
- Strong passion to “make a difference” – in whatever way you define
- Desire to learn – through self-development
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- A natural relationship builder
- Ambitious and driven with a willingness to take responsibility for your career
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), and SercoUnlimited (Disability). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
We Take Pride In What We Do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.