At Careem we are led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve lives in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan. We're pioneering the development of innovative services to aid the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
We're in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We’re well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries.
Careem is the everyday Super App for the greater Middle East region, providing a host of daily services that people need to move around, order food, deliver things and transfer money in one unified smartphone app. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organization that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem provides its services in over 100 cities across 13 countries and has created two million income-generating opportunities in the region. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020.
Our team is growing rapidly, and we are looking for talented colleagues to help us in our mission to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires.
Why join our journey
When you start your journey at Careem, you’ll be empowered to drive impact across a region of 600 million people, supported by our community of colleagues from over 75 nationalities. Whether you’re creating codes for our Super App or finding new ways to bring our platform to the people in your city.
Join us as we solve some of the most difficult problems that our region faces at scale while driving stellar experiences for our Customers, Captains (drivers) and Merchants. You will have the chance to work with a diverse set of individuals across many geographies. You will also have the opportunity to learn and grow every day to develop alongside talented and inspiring people from around the world. As a colleague at Careem, you’ll be empowered to take ownership of your work, be of service to our Captains, customers and partners as we build the region’s Super App, all while shooting for the moon to create impact across the region.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for developing monthly plans to ensure achieving the targets.
- Helping all team members to complete their tasks based on the plans.
- Supervising the execution of the plans
- Responsible for reporting the weekly and monthly numbers on regular basis, highlighting the challenges.
- Work cross functional with different departments to ensure completing the plans on time.
- Lead and develop a team of high performers
- Drive effective market studies to know the standing of our company among competitors.
- Building processes and organizing the relationship between our team with other departments/suppliers/captains.
- Use a data driven approach to understand underlying reasons for supply shortage.
What You'll Need
- 5 years + experience
- KSA specific experience and strong knowledge of the market
- Team leadership
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Customer-centric experience and mindset
What we'll provide you
As a Careem Colleague You Will Be Able To
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this.
- Be part of a Remote-First organisation
- Work from any country in the world for 60 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day