Test Center Manager - Amman, JO
Join over 1k people and receive free job offers in your inbox
Pearson provides a range of education products and services to institutions, and governments and direct to individual learners that help people everywhere aim higher and fulfill their true potential.
Pearson VUE is a business within Pearson PLC and is the global leader in computer-based testing for information technology, academic, government, and professional testing programs around the world. Pearson VUE provides a full suite of services from test development to data management and delivers exams through the world's most comprehensive and secure network of test centres in more than 175 countries.
Pearson Professional Centres (PPCs) are part of an international network of computer-based testing centres, which deliver quality examinations in a highly secure environment. Pearson VUE has a wide range of clients and a comprehensive suite of tests, which require a variety of approaches for both test type and method of delivery.
The appointed individual will perform the administration and invigilation of exams; this includes understanding, implementing, and taking ownership of all aspects of the operational policies and procedures of all examination processes. The individual will also demonstrate a high level of customer service to candidates and be responsible for the continual enhancement of the brand image.
Our location: Al Jahra St. Amman, Jordan
- Act as Line manager for all test centre staff regarding employee relations, training & development, absence management, and performance management
- Support the Regional Manager in recruitment issues and conduct staff interviews as required
- Carry out 1-2-1 meetings, Performance Reviews, and Development Reviews with staff as required
- Maintain and update local site administration and documentation
- Ensure all compliance standards relating to the test centre operation and Pearson VUE stringent security protocols are adhered to
- Ensure personal responsibility for understanding and delivery of testing following updates and changes to client requirements/testing, as they occur
- Create draft site staffing schedules, and collect test centre time-keeping records, for communication to the Regional Manager
- Create and send other reports and information as requested by the Regional Manager
- Serve as the local contact point for operations, building management, site security, deliveries, vendors, etc., and escalate issues to the Regional Manager as appropriate
- Verify correct staffing levels are maintained according to plan, and notify the Regional Manager of any and all staffing issues
- Oversee overall day-to-day operation of the PPC, and coordinate activities and instructions from Regional Managers and other Test Centre Management
- Monitor supplies inventory, and order inventory when applicable within budget guidelines
- All employees have a responsibility to cooperate in promoting and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment and to take reasonable care of their own health and safety at work and that of all other staff that may be affected by their acts or omissions. Line managers have specific responsibility for the health and safety of their direct reports and other team members for which they have general management responsibility.
- All employees are also responsible for supporting and implementing the company’s policies and procedures around the Health and Safety, Security, Quality, and Business Continuity arrangements that apply to their role/work function. Full details of these policies and procedures are available on SharePoint.
- Provide a high level of customer service in the test centres at all times
- Ensure candidate needs are met with understanding and respect
- Maintain professional relationships with client representatives
- Ensure equipment is operational and test stations are free of extraneous materials
- Review transmission and error logs in locally operating software, to ensure proper functioning (including schedule download and results upload processes)
- Periodic download and review of examinations and test centre schedules
- Review test schedule and prepare for candidate(s), including those that may have special needs
- Sign candidates in (including verification of candidate identity) according to Pearson VUE and client sign-in procedures
- As required, explain the test process to candidates and deal with other queries
- Understand testing needs and procedures for each client
- Ensure the integrity and security of the tests are maintained and that they are supervised to the required standard
- Comply with all incident reporting and escalation procedures
- If applicable, print and provide post-test score reports to candidates
- If applicable, schedule appointments for possible call-in and/or walk-in candidates
- Communicate/work with Pearson VUE technical support staff to investigate and fix technical issues
- Maintain own competencies in all of the systems and procedures and request training as necessary
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures as noted in the formal documentation; especially IT, HR and Security
- Undertake all accreditations and skills checks as required by the business
- Support and deliver any events and alternative test delivery processes as defined, both in permanent and temporary locations
- Ensure all hours are recorded and authorised within Company guidelines
- Comply with business needs on a day-to-day basis
- Assist and support with business initiatives to maximise centre profitability
- Perform other administrative tasks as required
- Perform daily test centre opening and closing procedures
- Help to ensure a clean, professional, quiet testing atmosphere in the centre
- Undertake reasonable additional duties to ensure the smooth running of the test centre
- Experience in a customer-facing role
- Experience in coordinating and administering activities of a team
- Strong administration and reporting skills
- Able to function as a representative and professional contact point for internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal, in both technical and functional areas
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Must enjoy working with people, be comfortable in a quiet environment, have effective time management skills, and be able to work effectively under pressure
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills are required
- Must be Pearson VUE certified for a Testing Administrator and pass a re-certification annually to ensure that skills are kept current and problem areas identified
- PC literate, comfortable with the use of a full range of Microsoft Office and Windows applications
- Experience in a testing environment.
- Minimum of 1 year customer service experience preferred.
- One year supervision experience in customer service preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor's degree or equivalent business experience preferred.
- Team leading and training skills, and exposure to a testing environment are strongly preferred. *Strong communication and customer service skills are a must, delivered with focused attentiveness and moderate interaction.
- Must be flexible in work hours and days.
- Ability to complete all tasks in a timely and efficient manner, and handle a reasonable amount of stress.
- Intermediate experience in Microsoft Office Suite, Windows applications, Internet, and email.
- Ability to operate a computer, fax, and telephone.
- Must be able to work in a quiet, focused environment and hear spoken words in soft voices.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs on occasion. Must have the ability to stand for extended periods of time while escorting candidates back and forth, up to 50-100 times per scheduled shift, to and from the testing room. Must have the ability to sit for long periods of time. Must be able to bend, stoop & lift from a stooped position.
- Must be able to see small details at a distance. Ability to see names clearly on id cards and the computer screen.
- You will be based in one of the Pearson VUE test centres
- Some local travel to other PPC’s or temporary locations may be required
- A flexible approach to working is essential for this position as opening hours will vary according to the volume of tests booked.
Did you know Pearson is one of the 10 most innovative education companies of 2022?
At Pearson, we add life to a lifetime of learning so everyone can realize the life they imagine. We do this by creating vibrant and enriching learning experiences designed for real-life impact. We are on a journey to be 100 percent digital to meet the changing needs of the global population by developing a new strategy with ambitious targets. To deliver on our strategic vision, we have five business divisions that are the foundation for the long-term growth of the company: Assessment & Qualifications, Virtual Learning, English Language Learning, Workforce Skills and Higher Education. Alongside these, we have our corporate divisions: Digital & Technology, Finance, Global Corporate Marketing & Communications, Human Resources, Legal, Strategy and Direct to Consumer. Learn more at We are Pearson.
We value the power of an inclusive culture and also a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to building a workplace where talent can learn, grow and thrive.
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We want a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other group protected by law. We strive for a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, navigate to: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Pearson.
If you are an individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career site as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by emailing email@example.com.
Note that the information you provide will stay confidential and will be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
Job: TESTING CENTER
Organization: Assessment & Qualifications
Req ID: 14150
in Jordan , Amman city
number of positions
1 Jobs available, apply now