Administrative Assistant II
Join over 1k people and receive free job offers in your inbox
We’re not just engineers. We’re a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet’s toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
To perform secretarial and administrative duties to support the project group and prepare and maintain the project, tenders, proposals, specifications, and general correspondence documentation.
Primary Objectives / Responsibilities
Project Execution & Deliverables
- Provide the relevant group or team with administrative and clerical support when required
- Prepare and distribute incoming and outgoing correspondence
- Program and file documentation and set up and maintain group filing
- Monitor and, when required, purchase stationary and other office supplies
- Assist with a range of administrative activities including;
- Preparation of expense reports
- Processing of purchase orders/invoices
- Arrange meetings, including organising equipment requirement.
- Arrange and make travel and accommodation arrangements
- Support the administration teams of other groups when required
- Perform reception cover when required
- Assist with the creation and preparation of correspondence for internal and external clients, documents, presentations and/or publications
- Provide customer service and ensure that information provided to clients is accurate, timely and in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Maintain confidential records and filing of reports, correspondence, statistics and related material for ease of retrieval.
- Taking minutes of meeting, preparing and distributing.
- Set up and maintain project and proposal files
- Maintain up to date project status and issues registers
- Receipt and distribute project documentation
- Close out project documentation on project completion and archive project folders
- Compile weekly/monthly reports
Understands and communicates Worley’s Vision, Purpose & Values and translates the strategy into practical goals and objectives for self and team members
Work within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance systems.
- Responsible for personal safety and working within the Occupational Health & Safety procedures.
- Competent in implementing HSE in the design process, focuses on process safety and strives to use best practice
Job Specific Knowledge:
- Demonstrated understanding of all company policies and procedures applicable to current role.
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information
- Able to work with details and complex documentation
- Able to prioritise a busy workload whilst possessing a high level of accuracy
- Working with People:
Recognises the value of cultural diversity and applies appropriate workplace practices.
Apply an awareness and willingness to work as a team member.
Establish good working relationships with team, peers and senior managers.
- Planning and Organising:
Prioritises what needs to be done and has a sense of urgency about achieving outcomes
Works with minimum supervision and is able to work to schedule, usually completes work on time
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
Understanding the types and the nature of the work we have across projects and the capabilities required for different types of projects
Excellent customer focus and able to consistently meet Worley and its clients needs
Able to identify issues, problems and opportunities; make timely decisions; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required
- Following Instructions and Procedures
- Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives
Effectively manages change to work tasks and the work environment.
- Relating & Networking:
Establishes good relationships within and outside team
- Persuading & Influencing:
Makes a strong personal impact on others;
Takes care to manage one’s impression on others
- Applying Expertise & Technology:
Develops job knowledge and expertise through continual professional development;
Demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions
- Adapting & Responding to Change:
Accepts new ideas and change initiatives;
Adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations;
Shows An Interest In New Experiences.
- Coping with Pressures & Setbacks:
Works productively in a pressurised environment;
Keeps emotions under control during difficult situations;
Handles criticism well and learns from it
Industry Specific Experience
- Minimum 10 years' general secretarial/admin experience
- Previous experience in the Engineering or Oil & Gas industry is advantageous.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- Trade Apprenticeship, Certificate, Diploma, Advance Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
- Maintain HSE focus with the team to ensure OHSE requirements.
- Demonstrate behaviour and business practices commensurate with a culture of world’s best health, safety and environmental performance.
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to:
- personal well-being;
- healthy and safe workplaces and activities; and
- Continuously improve Worley health, safety and environmental performance.
- Identify and report work hazards and incidents.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Able to work in diverse team.
- Able to work effectively in small to large multi-disciplinary teams, and share and transfer knowledge
- Good English communication skills (spoken & written)
- A person of integrity who is trusted by others and consistently honours their commitments.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to convey information and ideas to individuals and groups.
- Demonstrates initiative and a willingness to learn and continuously improve on performance.
- Able to work on multiple projects of various size and complexity.
- Deliver quality services and demonstrate a commitment to understand and meet customer needs.
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to achieving the Worley Vision and its associated requirements.
- Act in the best interests of Worley at all times.
- Perform any other duties that are reasonably required from time to time.
- Arrives punctually for work and meetings.
- Demonstrates commitment to the organisation.
- Complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritisation of work to achieve them
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
Nov 2, 2023
Reporting Manager Title
Administrative Services Supervisor
in Qatar , Doha city
number of positions
1 Jobs available, apply now