(Global Oil Gas) Incident Investigator
Join over 1k people and receive free job offers in your inbox
This role required candidate to permanently relocate at Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
About the Company
This company engages in the exploration, production, transportation, and sale of crude oil and natural gas. It operates through the following segments: Upstream, Downstream, and Corporate. The Upstream segment includes crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids exploration, field development, and production. The Downstream segment focuses on refining, logistics, power generation, and the marketing of crude oil, petroleum and petrochemical products, and related services to international and domestic customers. The Corporate segment offers supporting services including human resources, finance, and information technology. The company was founded on May 29, 1933 and is headquartered in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
We are seeking an industrial Incident Investigator to join the Loss Prevention organization (LP), which is the corporate safety organization within the company. We provide both day-to-day in-field occupational and process safety support to This Company operations, as well as centralized technical support and consulting function. Our field offices are located in Abqaiq, Riyadh, Ras Tanura, Dhahran, Udhailiyah, Jeddah (including Yanbu and Jazan), and Tanajib. Through these offices, LP provides its services to all This Company facilities and departments that are located throughout the Kingdom. Your primary role as an industrial Incident Investigator (Loss Prevention Engineer) is to help investigate 'industrial incidents (fires, major leaks, hydrocarbon explosions, etc.), identify proper root causes, and the actions necessary to prevent recurrence. This includes preparing draft and final incident reports, as well as providing long term support to address all recommendations.
- Investigate industrial incidents, particularly those with significant consequences, and comprehend the hazards associated with industrial facilities and their corresponding controls.
- Utilize widely accepted forensic science principles to identify, preserve, and examine evidence related to incidents.
- Provide support to investigation teams by ensuring proper understanding and application of investigation techniques.
- Conduct thorough investigations utilizing appropriate investigative tools tailored to the specific incident.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the causes of incidents and the influence of human factors.
- Develop and/or meticulously review draft incident investigation reports, overseeing all stages of the review process.
- Identify recommendations that warrant global dissemination for corporate-wide implementation.
- Create lessons learned and craft safety alerts/bulletins to effectively communicate preventive measures.
- Educate employees, contractors, and relevant stakeholders to facilitate timely sharing of lessons learned.
- Develop and review corporate safety guidelines pertaining to incident investigations.
- This role required candidate to permanently relocate at Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
- Possess a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology from an Accredited Institution.
- 10+ years of experience specializing in the investigation of high-consequence (major) industrial incidents.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the tools and techniques commonly employed for conducting such investigations.
- Strong communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
- Ability to effectively communicate with peers and management.
- Proficiency in producing clear and concise oral and written reports in English.
in oman , Muscat city
number of positions
1 Jobs available, apply now