UH-60/CH-47 Aircraft Mechanic AM-II (Avionics/Electrical) - Camp Buehring, Kuwait
Join over 1k people and receive free job offers in your inbox
- Remove, bench check, repair, adjust and install serviceable components and operational check system to ensure normal operation.
- Ensure quality maintenance is performed on the aircraft and in-shop following established safety procedures.
- Perform the modification, troubleshooting, and repair or inspection of electronic fuel quantity indicating systems, electronic fuel systems, engine and utility indicating systems, electrical systems, communications, and navigation systems.
- Knowledge of aircraft avionics systems troubleshooting repair procedures and replacement of parts.
- Thorough knowledge of unique aircraft tools.
- Working knowledge of avionics systems, including maintenance parameters, systems operation, limitations, and technical orders.
- Ability to read and interpret avionics and electrical drawings.
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools, machines.
- Use special test equipment and procedures to locate and isolate defective units and interconnecting wiring.
- Perform other qualified duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent is Required.
- U.S. military technical school or specialized training course is desired, certification of education level is required.
- Three (3) or more years' experience within the past Five (5) years are required as an Army Rotary Wing Avionics/Electrical mechanic on the mission design series UH-60/CH-47 (MDS).
- Must be in possession of a Valid U.S. Passport for travel internationally. Passport must contain a minimum of 6 Blank pages and 2 years remaining before expiration date.
- Ability to obtain/maintain a US Government Security Clearance (NAC-I T1) Public Trust. US Citizenship is Required to obtain a Security Clearance, and for facility access to this site.
- Able to clear CENTCOM MOD Physicals requirement for deployment. (Attend CRC).
- Valid Driver's license is required.
- Must be able to obtain Kuwait Visa.
- General knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting, repair procedures and replacement of parts.
- Thorough knowledge of aircraft electrical and avionics component and system troubleshooting, repair procedures and replacement of parts.
- Thorough knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers.
- Working knowledge of technical publications and Logistics Information Systems.
- Able to prioritize workloads to maintain schedules on assigned projects and is required to lead teams through more complex aircraft relevant tasks.
- Possess the level of experience to inspect all required aeronautical type maintenance to be performed by Mechanics.
- The incumbent receives technical guidance, as required, from supervisor or higher-level technician, will occasionally be required to lead teams through more complex aircraft relevant tasks, and may be required to make entries in aircraft logs and records.
- May work in aircraft maintenance hangar or outside.
- May be required to respond to a wide variety of operational circumstances, including extreme weather conditions and rudimentary infrastructure.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from turbine and jet engine aircraft.
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; may be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts, vehicles, or aircraft.
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- May be required to see aircraft in flight, read dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools.
- Must be able to see imperfections, micrometer readings and other small scales.
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
- Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, APU, etc.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
in Kuwait , jahra city
number of positions
1 Jobs available, apply now