Area Operations Specialist
Join over 1k people and receive free job offers in your inbox
We’re looking for a Area Operations Specialist to join the team and focus on growing our own Grocery Store “tMart”, which is the region’s first cloud store concept offering 30-minute delivery of groceries at hypermarket prices. The service has expanded rapidly across Kuwait, UAE, Qatar, Jordan, Bahrain, Egypt, Oman and Iraq!
What’s On Your Plate?
- Supporting the operations manager with full operations end to end (inventory management, pick-pack process, property/asset management, operational standards, expense control, maintenance related, deep-dives and special projects).
- Monitoring supervisors by ensuring they are accurately following the inventory management processes, policies and proper execution of inventory management (stock-in and stock-out). Responsible for shrink/expiry control and Quality focus (in terms of inventory no damaged or poor fresh food quality; close to expiry).
- Tracking order fulfillment, KPI, staff availability based on operational demands at all times.
- Supporting colleagues and working with other teams such as maintenance, PRO, IT, logistics, SSC, marketing teams as and when required .
- Problem solves or escalate property management issues with necessary stakeholders
- Fully competent on Microsoft office and other store staff tools
- Expense Control: Support and advise on potential ways to reduce expenses without jeopardising operational efficiency.
- Monitoring and supervising productivity, work standards and development of stores through weekly, monthly performance reviews and other initiatives. Monitor on ground issues and escalate any major performance issues to department manager with proposed solution and action plan.
- Stakeholder management and solution orientated
- Support with improving the financial and operational performance of the operation
- Execute action plans prepared by the department manager to address weak areas in need of improvement.
- Support with training and developmental programs for staff and support including but not limited to: helping POPS with any of the staff engagmenet requirements, training session with the support of POPS, training sessions for new system updates if needed, training and briefing sessions for special projects and pilots
- Reviewing and monitoring proper implementation and learning ways of how it can be improved i.e merchandising and space planning guidelines in stores.
- Monitoring product range availability according to selected store product range and report/liase with commercial team.
- Conduct regular store visits, shop floor audits and ensure all stores are compliant legally and following the company SOPs
- Support with ongoing development and special requests with other internal departments (i.e. Commercial, Operations, Marketing, Logistics, Customer Service, Finance, HR..)
- Supports with distribution and logistics for Store transfers, consumables distribution, Invoice collection
in oman , Muscat city
number of positions
1 Jobs available, apply now