Exams Operation Manager - English and Professional Qualifications
Join over 1k people and receive free job offers in your inbox
We work directly with individuals to help them gain the skills, confidence and connections to transform their lives and shape a better world in partnership with the UK. We support them to build networks and explore creative ideas, to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications.
Working with people in over 200 countries and territories, we are on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2021–22 we reached 650 million people.
To develop and implement a strategy for managing an effective delivery of Jordan’s UK exams (IELTS, English and Professional and Educational exams) in line with exams quality standards and Examination Boards requirements to meet client services standards as well as the agreed financial and quality targets, and contribute to the local and regional objectives.
This role is also responsible for efficient, effective and compliant operation delivery, managing cost, risk and contingency on the ground and setting standards, developing and managing the performance of their team.
The job sits in the Examinations Services team in Jordan which consists of 15 staff members. He/she should be working very closely with the whole exam team to ensure an efficient implementation of the British Council exams in Jordan. Excellent customer and client service and effective and secure exams delivery are essential to continued growth of the business.
- Manage registrations, sessions, venues, receipt and dispatch and security of exam materials to the defined quality standards, in order to meet customer needs and enable the British Council to meet its corporate objectives whilst ensuring outputs are achieved and targets and standards are met in Jordan
- Implement a range of standardised, operational procedures and systems within a given work plan to achieve specified, clearly measurable targets (revenue, volume, time and/or cost)
- Receive instructions and requests from cluster leadership and plan and organise given resources accordingly (often at short notice) to ensure that work is carried out efficiently and effectively
- Adapt work plans where necessary to meet customer expectations
- Drive continuous improvement at country level in the efficiency/cost effectiveness/quality of service delivery
- Use a range of standardised systems and processes to plan and coordinate effective, timely and cost-effective logistical support to enable the delivery of high-quality services to a range of customers (internal and/or external)
- Ensure business/operational risks are clearly identified, reported and managed.
- Motivate and encourage team performance
- Plan and prioritise country's operational activities, and support team development towards effective delivery of services
- Manage day to day performance of country operations team, dealing with sickness, discipline, motivation etc., to ensure high quality service delivery is maintained at all times
- Manage performance throughout the year according to performance management system and address underperformance issues quickly and effectively
- Support personal and professional development
- In liaison with Business Development Manager, ensure support materials, tools and channels are provided to exams’ candidates throughout the customer journey.
- Understand customer needs and relations to our products and services
- Seek ways of providing products and services to support our customers
- Take end-to-end accountability for researching and obtaining satisfactory and timely resolution of complex/escalated customer (internal or external) operational complaints and issues, coordinating input from other colleagues/departments/managers as required, to do so.
- Ensure the customer is kept informed throughout the process
- Develop good working relationships with appropriate colleagues throughout the British Council to facilitate effective and efficient service delivery
- Work with relevant colleagues on relationships building with local organisational clients and support in hosting/attending external events or meetings, ensuring these run efficiently and effectively and that a positive, professional image of the British Council is projected.
- Offer advice and act as a liaison between the examining boards and the centres in order to support the implementation and the delivery of exams while ensuring they are always kept informed.
- Use standardised processes to monitor team/unit compliance with agreed corporate risk management procedures relevant to service delivery (e.g. child protection, security policies, financial protocols, anti-fraud measures) to protect the interests of the British Council and its customers at all times
- Highlight to senior managers any instances of non-compliance
- Ensure team receive and maintain appropriate induction/training in all relevant risk management procedures
- Ensure compliance with corporate guidelines and standards, and with legislation or other external requirements and use standard corporate protocols to assess a range of risks into service/product/programme delivery
- Make appropriate contingency plans to manage delivery safely and effectively in challenging or high-risk circumstances
- Ensure adherence to QCA documents and implement action plan according to defined schedule
- Directly plan and control specific cost variables to meet established targets, ensuring compliance with all relevant corporate financial systems and processes
- Actively seek to maximise value for money when acquiring resources, goods or services for the country operations
- Recruit, train or organise training and manage performance of exams venue staff including examiners, markers and invigilators
- Use agreed financial procedures/templates, conducts monthly and year-end analysis and reporting on income and expenditure, profitability and risk/pipeline/actual performance versus plan targets
- Ensure payments and receipts are accurately recorded and income reconciliations are completed accurately and on time and meet audit standards.
- Monitor expenditure to ensure meeting agreed budget
- Monitor registration number to ensure meeting income targets
- Manage relationships with Examinations boards and ensure invoices are settled by due dates.
- The British Council systems and global processes operate in English. B2 level of written and verbal proficiency in English is must.
- Arabic at Proficiency Level
- University Degree
- 2 years as a leader of an operation team
- Experience with long term planning and contingency
- Logistics experience
- Risk management experience
- Experience working in an Exams environment and knowledge of standards for management of examiners.
- Role: Exams Operation Manager - English and Professional Qualifications(40117)
- Number of positions: 1
- Pay Band: 6 G
- Location: Jordan
- Contract type: 1 year fixed term contract
- Gross Salary: JOD 1002 per month and in addition to that 13th and 14th month salary will be paid.
- Closing date: 26th December 2023 (11:59 PM Gulf Standard Time)
- Other: This role is open to candidates who have the right to work and are located in Jordan.
- Please note that all applications should be submitted only in English.
- It is advisable to apply in advance to avoid any technical issues at the last moment.
Equality , Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Statement
The British Council is committed to policies and practices of equality, diversity and inclusion across everything we do. We support all staff to make sure their behaviour is consistent with this commitment. We want to address under representation and encourage applicants from under-represented groups, in particular, but not exclusively, on grounds of ethnicity and disability. All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria are guaranteed an interview and we have Disability Confident Employer Status. We welcome discussions about specific requirements or adjustments to enable participation and engagement in our work and activities.
The British Council is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
If you have any problems with your application please email email@example.com
Please note: Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website. Our ‘ASK HR’ email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.
in Jordan , Amman city
number of positions
1 Jobs available, apply now