General Manager, Jordan
Join over 1k people and receive free job offers in your inbox
More than 34 years later, we’re proud to be the world’s largest travel B Corp with more than 1000 small group trips in over 100 countries. After all these years, we’ve stayed true to our mission, ensuring our adventures are good for the places we go, good for the communities we visit and good for our travellers. That’s why we carbon offset all our trips and support local communities but we’re not stopping there. We want to be the best travel company not just in the world, but for the world.
The world needs more Intrepid people:
As the General Manager in Jordan, you will be responsible for effectively managing Ground Operations, implementing long-term strategic plans and managing the day-to-day business of the company. You will boost, pursue growth and position the Intrepid brand in our key markets and destinations in the region. by developing new business and driving sales growth, assuring profitability, delivering exceptional product to our partners, and developing a high-performing team across this region, you will provide leadership to enable the company to achieve its goals.
This role is very collaborative, and you will get the opportunity to collaborate with other GMs as part of the EMEA GM team and the global business to achieve wider strategic goals and results.
To provide the best experience to our people, this role would operate mostly out of our office with some work-from-home days.
A passion for travel is a must! In addition to that you’ll bring with you...
- Strong knowledge of dealing and managing with Ground Operations in Jordan.
- Strong knowledge of the Jordanian market.
- Minimum of middle level management experience; company management experience preferred.
- A high level of financial literacy and proven commercial & strategic decision making.
- Proven understanding of risk and incident management
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and develop teams.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Experience in tourism or an operations, sales and customer-focused industry
A bit about our people:
Our team reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we visit. Our team is made up of 58 nationalities across 46 countries, and Intrepid recognises that diversity makes us a stronger business. With a commitment to breaking down barriers, we support a culture where people can be themselves. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including First Nations People, LGBTQI+ people, people living with a disability, people from previously disadvantaged backgrounds, and people from different ethnicities, races, and religions.
- We offer flexible work options, including work-from-home, and work from anywhere in the world for up to 4 weeks a year
- Employees receive a free Intrepid trip every year! As well as generous discounts available for families, and close friends
- 5 extra days of leave annually, for use when travelling on an Intrepid trip
- Our global leave benefits are aimed at supporting gender equity, so we offer a minimum of 10 weeks of paid parental leave for all parents, and other additional leave provisions.
- Access to incredible e-learning platforms, and professional development via our Elevate Mentor program
- We provide an Employee Assistance Program, a 24/7 service that offers counselling for you and your family
- We want to support the causes that are important to you, that’s why we offer 20 hours of volunteer leave every year.
in Jordan , الأردن city
number of positions
1 Jobs available, apply now