Laboratory Technician (Power)
Join over 1k people and receive free job offers in your inbox
- The Lab Technician will fulfil the day to day chemistry and environmental-monitoring activities at the power and desalination plant includes;
- Performs routine sampling, specialized physical & chemical tests, and interprets the results in order to compile reports, monitor, and control and meet recommendations to achieve the optimum chemical conditions, both for current operation and to maintain the integrity of the power and water plant facility processes over the longer term.
- Good chemistry or chemical engineering foundation and practical knowledge of how it applies to modern power plant and desalination plant technologies
- Specific knowledge of: cooling water chemistry monitoring and dosing, HRSG chemistry monitoring and dosing, thermal desalination chemistry monitoring and dosing, demineralization of distillate and production of potable water.
- Ability to work with multi-cultural and multi – disciplinary staff
- Ability to carry out duties with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with good command of English Language and Computer literacy
- Ability to work and interact with departments throughout the organization.
- Performs routine sample collection from demin, desal, potable water, HRSG, condensate and feed water, sea water, outfall, cooling water, waste water and Lube oils quality testing and compares these with standards makes corrections to the process as necessary. Prepares reports and performs or advises on chemical dosing under the supervision of the Chief Chemist.
- Prepares test solutions, compounds and re-agents to conduct tests;
- Receipt of bulk chemicals, transfer of bulk chemicals, tank preparations and carry out acid /chemical cleanings.
- Ensuring compliance to legal obligations for monitoring and controlling potable water, emissions and effluents.
- Ensures compliance with all HSE Regulations.
- An accredited Diploma or Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
- Has at least 5 years of field experience, Preferably should have knowledge and exposure of modern Gas Turbine combined cycle technology power plant, Balance of Plant, Multistage flash & RO technology Desalination plant and Potable water remineralization processes.
- Day Rate in QAR All Inclusive
- Work Schedule:
- 10 Hours / 6 Days
- 12 months with possible extension
in Qatar , Doha city
number of positions
1 Jobs available, apply now