BUSINESS ANALYST - DUBAI, UAE
Join over 1k people and receive free job offers in your inbox
Location: Dubai, UAE (Visa sponsorship & relocation assistance provided)
Salary: Starting Annual salary range of 50,000 USD - 80,000 USD + performance-based bonus - 0% tax environment + Equity participation.
About Cobblestone Energy
Cobblestone Energy is an energy trading company, specializing in the Great Britain and European wholesale electricity markets. Founded in 2017, we are part of the next generation of companies defining the future of global commodity trading. Our advanced data analytics and extensive research drive profitable decision making, trading enough electricity every day to power a small country, and growing every day. Technology and risk management form the backbone of our business.
At Cobblestone Energy, we value diversity and believe in hiring extraordinary talent from around the world. Our flat organizational structure fosters a culture of innovation, giving team members complete ownership of their work and ensuring that ideas come from every level. We believe in providing unlimited growth opportunities to our people, along with constant feedback and support, which allows us to cover our vulnerabilities and grow as a team in new and interesting ways.
- Lifelong learning with continuous reflection
- Independent thinking through a meritocracy of ideas
- The team is more important than the individual.
- Being the best in any market we enter
- Hiring and keeping only the most effective people
- Others must benefit from our existence.
We are looking for a driven and skilled Business Analyst to become a valuable member of our dynamic team. As a leading player in the energy industry, our company is committed to innovation and growth. The successful candidate will need to have a strong understanding of business operations and be the communication intermediary for our different departments.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams – tech and analytics to identify and communicate business needs.
- Communicate findings and insights to stakeholders in a clear and concise manner, e.g., writing business requirement documents for software development.
- Stay up to date with the latest advancements in business analysis and apply these to our industry.
- Understand thoroughly the documentation of the different providers/third-parties/platforms that we interact with.
- Provide insights about the different features exposed by providers/third-parties/platforms and identify which ones we select/integrate as they serve best our business needs
- Develop strong commercial knowledge related to the different projects that are currently being implemented or part of the short-term roadmap
- Work with the technology team to have those business requirements implemented
- Conduct Exhaustive testing for implemented features before being deployed to production
- Synchronize with the Devs on daily basis addressing any inquiries related to business requirements/logic
- Being on top of all related tasks, executing based on set priorities, ensuring that any issues/bugs are solved immediately and taking all measures to minimize down time and guarantee high availability.
- Create and maintain data visualization tools e.g., Excel and Tableau.
- 2+ years' Experience in working in a similar position with cross functional teams
- 2+ years of exp in SQL and Python experience is a plus not mandatory
- Familiarity with modern data infrastructure and development practices.
- A quantitative related Bachelor's degree or above, preferably in the field of business intelligence, business or data analytics.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile processes and principles
- Outstanding communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Experience within the power and gas trading industry is a plus.
in Jordan , Amman city
number of positions
1 Jobs available, apply now