Join over 1k people and receive free job offers in your inbox
NEOM is a new vision of what the future could be. It’s an attempt to do something that’s never been done before and it’s coming at a time when the world needs fresh thinking and new solutions. Put simply, NEOM will not only be a destination, but a home for people who dream big and who want to be part of building a new model for sustainable living. To support this ambitious vision, the Senior Accountant will be required to:
- Support Financial Control team in carrying out broad range of accounting tasks and responsibilities to ensure integrity of the NEOM financial reporting function and alignment with IFRS, as NEOM business activity evolves.
- Have the ability to work on own initiative, prioritise and manage multiple issues simultaneously and with a high level of attention to detail.
- Have the ability to contribute as a member of a team, to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Be a motivating leader of the accounting team, and mentor a team of Financial Accountants
- Own end to end record to report monthly, quarterly and yearly closing activities for multiple entities/sectors including accruals, prepayments, revenue, bank reconciliations, provisions, leases and ad-hoc correction journal entries
- Understanding of how to apply International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) to day-to-day activities of the business.
- Complete month-end activities in a timely basis
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations as assigned, and resolve issues to ensure GL codes balances are reflecting accurate balances
- Support specific sectors with developing sector monthly financial statements, and with their financial accounting requirements – especially including accruals.
- Advise and drive as business SME the design of accounting or data processing systems, especially in relation to SAP functionality and enhancement;
- Support development of new accounting functions in NEOM as they evolve – this will include new revenue streams, intercompany transactions for new subsidiary entities, JV accounting for new joint ventures etc.
- Operate within the required SOX controls framework, completing assigned control procedures, and supporting with specified SOX activities.
- Liaise with tax, treasury, FP&A, consolidation, Reporting, internal audit and corporate finance teams.
- Responsible for addressing annual financial statement & audit related queries for assigned subsidiaries and sectors.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, across sectors as requested to support in decision-making.
- Assist in internal control development, implementation, and coordination.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data;
- Highly skilled in use of Excel;
- Excellent English verbal and communication skills;
- Team player and ability to oversee team players;
- Excellent work ethic
- Have a continuous improvement mindset and demonstrate persistence and resilience with system improvements
- Ability to work in stressful, last minute and deadline driven oriented tasks.
- University degree
- CA, CPA, ACCA or equivalent international Certified Accounting qualification
- Minimum four years of experience working in a corporate organization, preference given to Big4 audit experience.
- Finance team
- Shared services team – AP, SAP support
- Internal audit and risk
- Sector stakeholders
- External parties such as PIF/auditors
in Saudi Arabia , Tabuk city
number of positions
1 Jobs available, apply now