Join over 1k people and receive free job offers in your inbox
Purpose of the job role:
NEOM is a new vision of what the future could be. It’s an attempt to do something that’s never been done before and it’s coming at a time when the world needs fresh thinking and new solutions. Put simply, NEOM will not only be a destination, but a home for people who dream big and who want to be part of building a new model for sustainable living. To support this ambitious vision, the Specialist Accountant will be required to:
- Support Financial Control team and Treasury team in carrying out a range of accounting tasks and responsibilities to ensure integrity and sound control of the NEOM financial reporting function and alignment with IFRS and SOX, as NEOM business activity evolves.
- Have the ability to work on own initiative, prioritise and manage multiple issues simultaneously and with a high level of attention to detail.
- Have the ability to contribute as a member of a team, to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Preparation of high quality daily, weekly and monthly bank and balance sheet reconciliations as assigned for high volume of bank statements, across operations, revenue and payroll.
- Entering of manual journals and clearing of bank transactions as appropriate to maintain clean SAP reporting and accounting ledgers, and a clear audit trail.
- Own end to end record to report monthly, quarterly and yearly closing activities in relation to NEOM Group bank accounts, for multiple entities/sectors.
- Ensure understanding and oversight of reconciling and aged items and ensure timely clearing and resolution of issues.
- Responsible for booking all intercompany transactions for assigned subsidiaries and sectors as it relates to bank transactions and transfers.
- Responsible for booking NEOM credit card transactions, and staff and government expenses as shared by the accounts payable team.
- Resolve bank transaction or bank statement issues to ensure GL code balances are reflecting accurate balances.
- Operate within the required SOX controls framework, completing assigned control procedures, and supporting with specified SOX activities.
- Liaise with and ensure positive working relationship with accounting, accounts payable, treasury, tax, and relevant business/subsidiary teams to inform of significant or unusual transactions, confirm accounting actions and keep up-to-date with new bank accounts.
- Responsible for addressing annual financial statement & audit related queries in relation to NEOM Group bank accounts.
- Support with new system and system enhancement projects to drive automation of tasks and controls and reduce time and error.
- Highly competent and trustworthy
- Minimum 6 years of work experience, post qualification, within accounting teams with exposure across accounting activities including recording journals, reviewing account movements and balances, Coordinating closing activities including interacting with other finance and business stakeholders
- Experience working with KSA banks and bank reporting is an advantage.
- SAP experience is highly desired.
- Multi-currency experience a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products with intermediate Excel skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with great attention to detail.
- Highly organized and strong work ethic to achieve hard deadlines.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment with last-minute deadline driven tasks.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills across multiple levels and functions.
- Accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CA, CPA or equivalent) is required.
- Must demonstrate capacity and competence to progress upwards in the organization including team management and leadership skills.
in Saudi Arabia , Tabuk city
number of positions
1 Jobs available, apply now