H&S Lead Egypt
Join over 1k people and receive free job offers in your inbox
Production & Operations
Job Family Group:
Serves as a Single Point of Responsibility for H&S deliverables throughout Raven Compression Project front end loading and implement activities as per the Major Projects Common Process and bp Practice on HSSE management in Projects. Provide H&S domain expertise to the project management and workforce.
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We are working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us and be part of what we can accomplish together. You can participate in our new ambition to become a net zero company by 2050 or sooner, and to help the world get to net zero.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our Health, Safety, Environment & Carbon (HSE&C) Team and advance your career as a
Health & Safety Lead Egypt
In this role You will:
- Partner with the Projects line management in delivering Projects common process requirements, handling risks, and driving HSE performance improvement. Engage, understand and meet customer needs and guide the support for day to day operations.
- Partner with the Project Environmental & Social lead in delivering common HSE&C goals.
- Ensure H&S input is provided to Engineering Design and Construction Methodology and standard process/Lessons Learned from previous projects/ industry are incorporated, including representing the HSE team in engineering design reviews. Leading H&S input into engineering contractor work (e.g., embedding Human Factors in Design). Supporting Engineering to identify Safety Critical Equipment as required.
- Manage a team of Health & Safety professionals.
- Provide input in planning and managing HSE budget.
- In close coordination with the relevant Regional bp teams, engage with project external customers including partners, communities, NGOs and local regulatory bodies.
- Embed the Projects HSE&C self-verification and oversight framework ensuring HSE risks and barriers strengths are verified.
- Collaborate with contractors and service partners to assure that contractor management satisfactorily address all safety issues and risks associated with the Project activities. Lead in delivery of HSE aspects of contractor vetting process and HSE management systems bridging process.
- Partner with the Projects Risk advisor/ champion for maintaining a good awareness of the risk profile for the projects activities and provide support in evaluating workplace & operational hazards and developing strategies for risk management.
- Act as a role model for HSE&C, encouraging a strong ‘speak up’ and safety culture, in accordance with the Safety Leadership Principles, BP Values and Behaviors, ethics and compliance.
- Carrie out regular site HSE visits ensuring the frequency of visits reflect ongoing Projects activities.
- Embed the incident investigation process, lead and/or participate in investigations to determine causal and contributory factors and develop recommendations. Support embedding lessons from incidents in a systematic and sustainable way in close cooperation with the Field and Regional learning groups.
- Report on HSE&C metrics and support management of the process to develop insights from HSE&C metrics analysis, self-verification and incident investigation findings.
- Advise on emerging risks and HSE&C improvement opportunities and provides direction to improve the HSE&C performance.
- Support the Projects team to develop and implement emergency response plans related to project / operations activity.
- Work closely with regional teams to deliver common HSE&C strategic objectives.
- Work with the Global Concept Development (GCD) HSE&C team to support the Project in the Frond End as required.
- Degree in Engineering or Science or equivalent experience and NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent experience.
- Strong influencing, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Fluent English and Arabic language skills.
- Around 10 years of Experience in managing H&S aspects during the design and execution of projects.
- Strong understanding of H&S legislation and standard methodology.
- Accredited with a relevant body (e.g. IOSH).
- Experience in leading the collaboration with a variety of internal teams and external customers on projects.
- Experience in project management.
- Knowledge and expertise in the application of BP HSE&C requirements to Projects.
- bp stands for agile working in a digitalised, team-oriented and international working environment.
- Attractive compensation package (company pension scheme, bonus and share programme, various special benefits).
- International career and development opportunities as well as extensive internal and external training opportunities.
- There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, and excellent retirement benefits, among others.
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and ambitious environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
Up to 10% travel should be expected with this role
This role is not eligible for relocation
This position is a hybrid of office/remote working
Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) Management, Health Safety, Health Safety and Environment (HSE) Management Systems, HSE, HSE data knowledge, HSSE auditing and self-verification, Industry knowledge and advocacy, Influencing, OMS and bp requirements, Personal Safety, Process safety culture, Process Safety Management, Project and construction safety, Risk Management, Safety, Safety Culture, Safety Leadership
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socioeconomic status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation related to bp’s recruiting process (e.g., accessing the job application, completing required assessments, participating in telephone screenings or interviews, etc.). If you would like to request an accommodation related to the recruitment process, please contact us to request accommodations.
If you are selected for a position and depending upon your role, your employment may be contingent upon adherence to local policy. This may include pre-placement drug screening, medical review of physical fitness for the role, and background checks.
in Egypt , Cairo city
number of positions
1 Jobs available, apply now