Join over 1k people and receive free job offers in your inbox
IFC’s Public-Private Partnerships Transactions Advisory Services department provides sell-side financial advisory services to client governments with the purpose to increase access to basic infrastructure and social services by facilitating private investments in these sectors. Specifically, the team acts as Lead Transaction Advisor to governments to structure and implement public-private partnerships (PPP) transactions across all infrastructure sectors, e.g. power, water, transportation, and telecommunications, as well as social sectors such as health and education, with a particular focus on energy and transport, and for the following types of transactions:
- Public-Private Partnerships e.g. BOT type concessions
- Management and lease contracts
- Restructuring and privatization of state-owned enterprises
Roles & Responsibility
The selected candidate will be expected to perform as a core team member under the supervision of a senior member of the team and will assist the project team leaders in the origination and execution of IFC’s advisory mandates in PPPs and privatizations across the MCT region.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Proactively contribute to business development activities in assigned countries, including:
- Participate in origination and marketing activities, e.g. undertake project scoping to assess feasibility of potential projects, preparation of pitchbooks and proposals and Manage IFC internal governance processes;
- Prepare notes and documentation for internal approval processes and procurement of consultants;
- Participate in meetings with government ministries and departments and sub-national public entities to discuss and assess their needs and ideas to improve access to infrastructure and delivery of public services and to identify potential PPP projects for IFC transaction advisory assistance;
- Understand World Bank program for assigned countries and work with them to engage with government counterparts to implement a coordinated strategy.
- Assist in due diligence management, data collection, review of legal, commercial and technical outputs, project structure design, and drafting of project contractual documentation;
- Prepare complex financial models and perform financial analysis;
- Assist in managing project marketing to potential investors, completing roadshows, preparing marketing documents (teaser, information memorandum), conducting prequalification and tendering (including negotiation of project agreements with bidders) up to award and commercial/financial close.
- Assist in coordinating closely with other parts of IFC including environmental and social, legal, other advisory and investment departments as well as World Bank colleagues;
- Contribute to the day-to-day work of the Levant hub and MCT department, including (prepare corporate notes or presentations for internal or external audiences.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Management, or Accounting or a related specialty from a top reputed university;
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience gained with a leading financial institution working on PPP transaction advisory, M&A or privatization advisory on buy and/or sell side, project finance, private equity – all preferably with focus on the infrastructure (including social infrastructure) sector;
- 1-2 years of experience of sell-side/government PPP transaction advisory is considered a plus;
- Strong analytical and up-to-date financial modeling/structuring skills with ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently;
- Experience in infrastructure sectors (including power, transport, social infrastructure sectors), with some knowledge of sector trends, legal and regulatory requirements, and stakeholders (project developers, investors, technical and legal consultants), and with proven track record of infrastructure/PPP transactions;
- Ability to operate in large, culturally diverse and geographically dispersed teams;
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver high quality work within deadlines to meet team objectives;
- Willingness and ability to travel on short notice and frequently, as required;
- Excellent communication skills in English is essential and in Arabic is strongly preferred;
- Experience in a development institution is considered a plus.
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
in Jordan , Amman city
number of positions
1 Jobs available, apply now