CBS – Assistant Professor in Electrochemical processes
Join over 1k people and receive free job offers in your inbox
About Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P)
Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P) is an internationally oriented institution of higher learning, that is committed to an educational system based on the highest standards of teaching and research in fields related to the sustainable economic development of Morocco and Africa. UM6P is an institution oriented towards applied research and innovation. On a specific focus on Africa, UM6P aims to position these fields as the forefront and become a university of international standing.
More than just a traditional academic institution, UM6P is a platform for experimentation and a pool of opportunities, for students, professors and staff. It offers a high-quality living and study environment thanks to its state-of-the-art infrastructure. With an innovative approach, UM6P places research and innovation at the heart of its educational project as a driving force of a business model.
In its research approach, the UM6P promotes transdisciplinary, entrepreneurship spirit and collaboration with external institutions for developing up to date science and at continent level in order to address real challenges.
All our programs run as start-ups and can be self-organized when they reach a critical mass. Thus, academic liberty is promoted as far as funding is developed by research teams.
The research programs are integrated from long-term research to short-term applications in linkage with incubation and start-up ecosystems.
About the Chemical & Biochemical Sciences Green Process Engineering (CBS)
The Chemical & Biochemical Sciences Green Process Engineering Department (CBS) is a component of the Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P). The main objective of CBS is to set up a distinctive research-teaching program, of international level, to meet the research and teaching challenges of UM6P, in particular on green and environmental chemistry applied to all aspects of chemical sciences: organic and inorganic chemistry, analytical chemistry, chemical biology, biochemical and thermal reactions.
Research at CBS is organized around several major areas, which aim to answer challenging industrial questions, from complex chemical and biochemical reactions to scale-up and validation of process engineering. CBS projects aim at an in-depth understanding of the molecular mechanisms of all transformations in order to propose new original alternatives in terms of efficiency, environmental friendliness and sustainability.
CBS at UM6P is recruiting a teacher-researcher specialized in the field of electrochemical processes with a solid experience of at least 5 years in the academic or industrial field. The candidate's area of expertise should cover at least one of the disciplines of electrochemistry (e.g. electroanalysis, electrocatalysis, bioelectrochemistry, etc.).
The candidate's research activities will include applied research projects and industrial collaboration projects. The candidate will work in close collaboration with our chemical researchers/specialists.
In terms of teaching, the candidate will reinforce the teaching team of the CBS department. His/her experience and expertise will allow him/her to contribute to the development of teaching programs and to ensure the supervision and training of post-doctoral students, doctoral students and graduate students.
The candidate will be expected to actively participate in national and international project proposals. He/she will also develop a network of national and international collaboration. The candidate must participate in the missions and research projects assigned to him/her.
- Contribute to the development and preparation of funding applications for innovative research projects in the field of electrochemical processes.
- Establish and maintain collaborations/relations with other research centers and laboratories at the University Mohammed VI Polytechnic UM6P.
- Establish new collaborations and partnerships with international institutions and research centers.
- The candidate will have, with the teams in place, to develop the teachings in connection with the field of Electrochemical Processes
- Supervise Master, PhD and Post-doc students.
- PhD degree in Electrochemical Processes or equivalent in a relevant field.
- Relevant experience in research and development in Electrochemical Processes as evidenced by publications in international journals and/or patents.
- Experience in training through research projects and teaching.
- Be able to develop partnerships with Moroccan and foreign industries.
- Demonstrate an aptitude for teamwork.
- Have a good command of English.
- Fundamental knowledge in the field of processes.
- Unit operations in an industrial environment.
- Extraction and purification technologies in an industrial environment.
- Scale-up and extrapolation of processes.
- Knowledge related to the transformation chains of the mining industry.
- Teach at the undergraduate and graduate levels in the fields of Electrochemical Processes
- Supervise graduate students.
The application folder must contain:
- Detailed CV,
- Cover letter along with a synthetic presentation of the background, research works, projects and activities, publications, key achievements,
- Research and teaching plans, entrepreneurial ideas and concepts if any, and services to UM6P community: max 3-4 pages,
- 3 reference letters.
- Very competitive salary and benefits package.
- A unique set of research partners and collaborators.
- Access to a pool of highly motivated and rigorously selected Master and PhD students with financial support.
in Morocco , Casablanca city
number of positions
1 Jobs available, apply now