Category Senior Analyst JOB
Join over 1k people and receive free job offers in your inbox
Job Title: Senior Category Analyst
Sector: Support Services
Department: Supply Management
Define the corporate procurement and commercial strategy for key categories of spend and lead on the negotiation of key complex Contracts within Technology or Marketing fields
Commercial & Sourcing Operations
- Develop procurement plans, negotiation plans and the overall strategy for key categories of spend mainly focusing in events in coordination with other key stakeholders.
- Develop targeted category strategies including market analysis, supplier profiles, ICV opportunities, benchmark pricing, expected cost savings, negotiation planning, contract strategies and category execution plans and ensure alignment with the defined plans.
- Negotiate complex contracts relating to the Marketing or Technology categories in-line with defined strategies.
- Review key terms for contracts, develop performance measures, commercial arrangements and other aspects to ensure best value for money.
- Support in development of RFX’s documentation, specifically supporting on technical specifications and scope of work development in-line with the department’s objectives.
- Track and monitor progress of all purchases within respective sectors to ensure alignment with the defined KPIs.
- Ensure procurement governance and risk management framework to ensure compliance with the approved policies and strategies.
- Become a true business partner by understanding completely the role of the sector embedded in to provide strategic advice and guidance whenever solicited.
- Validate with the finance team that the required budget is available for the requested procurement activities (demand planning and reporting).
- Ensure alignment with the procurement governance and risk management framework.
- Ensure effective cascading of the functional strategy into section business plans to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing sectional strategies.
- Lead the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement and sustainability of systems, processes, and practices considering global standards, productivity improvement, and cost reduction.
- Carry out any other duties and responsibilities related to the role at the request of the direct manager.
- Manage and ensure effective implementation of functional policies, procedures, and controls covering all areas of assigned section activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
- Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures, and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Demonstrate compliance to the organization’s values and ethics at all times to support the establishment of a value-driven culture within the organization
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement and sustainability of systems, processes, and practices considering global standards, productivity improvement, and cost reduction.
- Take an active role in the EHS initiative. Adhere to the DCT Occupational Safety and Health policy, regulations, and laws, and provide help to the Corporate EHS in executing the OSHMS.
- Report any incidents, near misses, occupational illnesses, unsafe practices, and conditions immediately to the concerned person and participate in the investigation of OSH incidents, as required.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Procurement, or any other decree within relevant industry.
- At least 4 to 7 years of experience Sourcing, procurement or any similar role.
- Commercially minded procurement professional who is an expert negotiator of complex contracts.
- Proven track of experience in category management and negotiating, aiming to deliver a wide range of cultural and tourist events and services, helping drive the economy forwards.
- Full professional English proficiency both in speaking and writing
- Arabic bilingual desirable but not mandatory
- Skilled in MS Office (PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
- Administrative skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated with a proven ability to complete work in a timely manner
- Expert knowledge on rebates schemes, preferably accustomed with UAE best practices
- Experience with business planning
- Extensive experience with program management related to finance and policy
in United Arab Emirates , Dubai city
number of positions
1 Jobs available, apply now