Join over 1k people and receive free job offers in your inbox
The Operations Lead will monitor and execute the operations of the Freight Forwarding component of the supply chain and logistics chain of NEOM, working with carriers, importers and exporters and Freight forwarding specialists to make sure goods are transported in the safest, most efficient and cost-effective way to provide NEOM with the world class supply chain and logistics services
Key Accountabilities And Responsibilities
- Supervise & execute freight transactions
- Coordinate amongst all stakeholders to ensure collaboration and integration of activities
- Freight Forwarding planning & supervision of the initial shipments within NEOM.
- Follow approved policies, procedures, and processes in reporting units
- Execute freight contract management with the team and ensure all are managed in an efficient and cost-effective way.
- Supervise the day-to-day operations for Airfreight, Oceanfreight, Roadfreight & customs, ensuring cost effective, achievable, and efficient process for Transport execution.
- Identify training needs & opportunities to develop a highly skilled functional department
- Communicates with department regarding customer accounts & workload distribution
- Manage and report on team performance for daily freight operations
- Ensuring that daily multi-site transport schedules are provided in a timely, clear, concise and cost-effective manner.
- Maintaining and implementing good working practices & procedures to ensure department efficiency.
- Identify & implement effective and appropriate shipment routes and methods for transporting freight and recommend shipping solutions that minimize cost and environmental impact
- Supervise the department and ensure that transportation of goods and freight from source to warehouse and in all intermediate destinations, offering consolidated services by air, sea, and land in coordination with the freight forwarders
- Suggest strategies for improvement in operational process
- Handle documentation as per the appropriate requirements and regulations, and through the appropriate platforms and systems, including insurance and inspection certificates, certificates of origin, consolidated charge receipts, custom clearance, shipper’s export declaration, and others jointly with the custom specialists
- Support operations & customer service in issue resolutions
- Participate in negotiations with carriers to ensure the most effective and appropriate shipment routes and methods for transporting freight and recommend shipping solutions that minimize cost and environmental impact
- Freight transportation negotiation with carriers, truckers, railways, non-vessel-operating common carriers, and others
- Ensure the operations team is tracking the movement of freight in transit through various software and SC&L specific technologies
- Maintain relationships with key clients, keeping them up to date on the process of their goods and informing them of factors such as shipping options, timelines, or regulations affecting shipments
- Fulfill other tasks & responsibilities as given by the FFW Operations Manager
- At least 8 years of experience at in freight forwarding for major multinational companies, preferably in local clearing and forwarding, and trucking
- Experience in Saudi Arabia market required
- Strong motivation skills in addition to decision making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent English verbal and written skills
- Excellent MS computer software skills
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, supply chain management or business administration or a related field
- Preferably a masters’ degree in logistics, supply chain management or business administration
in Saudi Arabia , Tabuk city
number of positions
1 Jobs available, apply now