Join over 1k people and receive free job offers in your inbox
Position Reports To
Project Control Manager
Develop, coordinate and manage procedures to ensure the efficient cost control of the Projects, including the recording, controlling, forecasting and reporting of all financial matters.
- Must have a degree / diploma in Science or Financing / Accounting.
- Candidate having more than 16 years overall and more than 10 years related designation experience is considered to attain minimum academic qualification requirement.
- Must have minimum 8 years post qualification experience
- Must have minimum 3 years post qualification experience in oil and gas projects
- Must have minimum 5 years experience in a Cost Controller role
- Must have at least 2 years hands on experience in Cost Control.-
- Develop, implement and control the project accounting and job costing system to meet project requirements
- Take ownership of the cost control function and ensure integrity of the data being processed
- Interface with project personnel to develop project forecasts and analyse project costs
- Supervise any supporting roles in the project cost control area
- Liaise with clients to clarify cost related issues and develop timely and meaningful monthly invoices. Ensure payment of invoices according to EPCM contract terms
- Preparation of project invoices in conjunction with the Accounts Department
- Liaise with Client for reporting purposes
- Preparation of monthly financial reports for the project. Also prepare other financial analysis as required on an adhoc basis
- Implement financial controls including controlling authorisations of expenditure and cash flow projections
- Preparation of budgets in conjunction with engineering and construction team members
- Ensure effective coordination and cooperation between other team members, particularly in regard to cost, planning (forecasting) and procurement matters
- Ensure through quality practices that work is completed accurately and in accordance with company procedures.
- Utilise Continuous Improvement processes to ensure consistent quality and fit-for-purpose outcomes.
- Promote the identification of potential areas of concern or improvement, to maximise cost effectiveness on projects and work practices.
- Develop and maintain a professional, highly skilled Cost Control team through leadership, resources, technical and system support, training and innovation.
- Provide advice and guidance to other personnel as required.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members and other personnel.
- Provide guidance and support to Asset Cost Controllers and Project Cost Controllers in fulfilling their cost control responsibilities.
- Maintain a high level of communication / interface with other cost and project control personnel within
- Monitor cost control applications to ensure project data integrity.
- Provide ad-hoc cost control support / advice to Project Engineers and Management.
- Proven computer literacy skills with experience in cost and project control computer applications
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with others; (verbally, in written communications and in presentations / meetings).
- Ability to effectively and efficiently plan / prioritise all areas of responsibility such as: Budgets; Time management; Resources – training and succession planning.
- Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of industry standard practices in cost control activities.
- Experience in audit activities.
in Kuwait , Capital city
number of positions
1 Jobs available, apply now