Join over 1k people and receive free job offers in your inbox
Accountant will be required to:
- Support Financial Control team and Treasury team in carrying out a range of accounting tasks and responsibilities to ensure integrity and sound control of the NEOM financial reporting function and alignment with IFRS and SOX, as NEOM business activity evolves.
- Have the ability to work on own initiative, prioritise and manage multiple issues simultaneously and with a high level of attention to detail.
- Have the ability to contribute as a member of a team, to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Preparation of high quality daily, weekly and monthly bank and balance sheet reconciliations as assigned for high volume of bank statements, across operations, revenue and payroll.
- Entering of manual journals and clearing of bank transactions as appropriate to maintain clean SAP reporting and accounting ledgers, and a clear audit trail.
- Own end to end record to report monthly, quarterly and yearly closing activities in relation to NEOM Group bank accounts, for multiple entities/sectors.
- Ensure understanding and oversight of reconciling and aged items and ensure timely clearing and resolution of issues.
- Responsible for booking all intercompany transactions for assigned subsidiaries and sectors as it relates to bank transactions and transfers.
- Responsible for booking NEOM credit card transactions, and staff and government expenses as shared by the accounts payable team.
- Resolve bank transaction or bank statement issues to ensure GL code balances are reflecting accurate balances.
- Operate within the required SOX controls framework, completing assigned control procedures, and supporting with specified SOX activities.
- Liaise with and ensure positive working relationship with accounting, accounts payable, treasury, tax, and relevant business/subsidiary teams to inform of significant or unusual transactions, confirm accounting actions and keep up-to-date with new bank accounts.
- Responsible for addressing annual financial statement & audit related queries in relation to NEOM Group bank accounts.
- Support with new system and system enhancement projects to drive automation of tasks and controls and reduce time and error.
- Highly competent and trustworthy
- Minimum 2 years of relevant bank reconciliation experience in accounting or payables team.
- Experience working with KSA banks and bank reporting is an advantage.
- SAP experience is highly desired.
- Multi-currency experience a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products with intermediate Excel skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with great attention to detail.
- Highly organized and strong work ethic to achieve hard deadlines.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment with last-minute deadline driven tasks.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills across multiple levels and functions.
- Bachelors degree in accounting, business or finance.
- Studying towards ACA, ACCA, CA, CPA professional qualification is advantage.
in Saudi Arabia , Tabuk city
number of positions
1 Jobs available, apply now