Student Support Specialist
Join over 1k people and receive free job offers in your inbox
Department: Office of the Registrar
Reports to: University Registrar
Scope and Purpose
Under the direct supervision of the University Registrar, Student Support Specialist staff members are responsible for providing all registration support to students, informing students of relevant University policies and procedures, supporting requests from faculty and administrators, and other duties as assigned. They conduct the SAR sessions, assist students with registration issues, process all forms, issue letters for various government agencies, and develop and update RO forms (declaration, dismissals, probation contracts, consent, etc.). They collaborate with staff members from Admissions and the Academic Advising Center, and the Deans of Colleges on transfer credits. These staff members also work closely with the colleges on developing the schedule of courses. Additionally, they are responsible for maintaining and archiving all student records and assisting in graduation planning and execution. Student Support Specialist staff are also charged with developing initiatives that increase student access to and engagement with the Registrar’s Office (e.g., development of an online help desk tool to eliminate traffic in the office).
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Responds promptly to phone, email, text, and fax inquiries, and greets and assists students and parents (per University policy) with registration problems, questions about University policies & procedures, and requests for transcripts, records, & enrollment verification letters.
- Processes students’ requests in Banner per policy & procedure.
- Demonstrates the University’s online registration service to new students during Student Advising and Registration (SAR) sessions.
- Maintains & updates all Registrar Office forms (paper & digital) and communicates updates to relevant units.
- Collaborates with Admissions & AAC in the transfer credit process, and manages student academic records to ensure accurate filing of all necessary documents, including archiving records as needed.
- Assists colleagues in developing the University’s Schedule of Classes for each semester, and manages classroom/laboratory reservations.
- Creates and updates RO content on the AUK website and portal, and develops initiatives (e.g. Zoom) to improve student access to and engagement with the Registrar’s Office.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Associate Registrar.
- B.A or its equivalent required.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Good spoken and written Arabic.
- Experience in college/university setting strongly preferred.
- Experience working effectively as a team member with and for multicultural/multilingual populations required.
- Computer Competence: Use computer and relevant software (MS Office, INB) effectively & efficiently to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Office Machines Skills: Use the fax, copier, and other office machines resources and tools effectively.
- Organizational Skills: Work in an efficient and logical manner to manage priorities, deadlines, and workload to complete task and project deadlines.
- Records Management Skills: Accurately & efficiently sort, file, and retrieve records data.
- Relationship Building: Establish and strengthen trust and confidence in the Registrar’s Office through a collegial, professional, and team-oriented approach to serving students, staff, faculty, and the institution. Establish and strengthen the Registrar Office’s credibility with individuals and communities within and outside of AUK.
- Telephone Skills: Manage telephone calls to ensure that all inquiries are handled effectively and efficiently.
- Verbal Communication Skills: Communicate ideas, opinions, objections, and emotions clearly to colleagues; communicate policies and procedures, explanations, and directions clearly and effectively to students; communicate clearly and effectively Registrar Office’s perspectives to colleagues from units across the campus.
- Writing Skills: Compose clear, well-organized, concise, and error-free written material in English that follows generally accepted rules of style and form.
- Intellectual Versatility: Recognize and explore new ideas and practices; think both creatively, critically, and logically without undue influence from personal biases.
- Interaction Versatility: Recognize values and needs differences among individuals and across groups; adjust behaviors to effectively work with others in diverse situations.
- The ability to deal with interruptions throughout the workday.
- The ability to work some flexible hours (some evening & weekend hours).
- The ability to work effectively in a dynamic and team-oriented environment.
- The ability to interact effectively with students (current & prospective), parents, faculty, and administration.
- The work environment is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirement includes close vision.
in Kuwait , Kuwait city
number of positions
1 Jobs available, apply now