Human Resources Officer
Join over 1k people and receive free job offers in your inbox
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world.
Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world’s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place.
Mandarin Oriental Muscat
Situated in a prime beachfront location, Mandarin Oriental, Muscat is a chic urban resort that offers 150 stylishly appointed guestrooms and suites, five restaurants and bars, a lush Spa at Mandarin Oriental, and an outdoor swimming pool. The hotel features a one-of-a-kind ballroom boasting spectacular views of the Arabian Sea as well as a variety of banquet and meeting spaces to accommodate social and business events.
For those seeking a luxury living experience in one of Muscat’s most desirable districts, an exclusive collection of 155 Residences at Mandarin Oriental combine the Group’s legendary service, world-class amenities and sweeping sea or mountain views.
Scope of Position
With the supervision of the Assistant Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources officer will run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including recruitment, compensation and benefits, managing HR system, employee relations activities, enforcing company policies and practices and other HR related tasks.
- Assist in setting up and oversee all Human Resources practices, processes and systems, in order to ensure a successful opening.
- Support recruitment strategies, programs and guidelines which enables the Hotel to attract and retain the highest calibre of colleagues.
- Prepare offer letters, contracts and conduct reference checks.
- Support Public Relations Manager in application, compilation and monitoring of visa, identity/resident cards, health cards and other related documents.
- Implement measures and policies that will ensure positive colleague climate, high morale and effective communication.
- Maintain and update HR system ensuring that accurate data for all colleagues.
- Ensure accuracy of attendance records and payroll information for timely processing of payroll.
- Prepare data for human resources department budget, manpower planning, and business plans as outlined in the annual Planning and Budgeting process.
- Utilize technology to improve the efficiency and quality of HR programs and policies.
- Furnish monthly reports such as manning, active employees, turnover and other HR reports.
- Assist in administering and manage the annual Colleague Engagement Survey program and process, ensuring the hotel meets or exceeds survey results each year.
- Take active part in implementing colleague engagement activities and corporate social responsibility initiatives of the hotel.
- Execute smooth onboarding and departure process of all colleagues.
Skills & Qualifications
- Vocational Diploma in Hospitality / Hotel Management or Human Resources OR
- Degree or Higher National Diploma equivalent in Hospitality/Hotel/Business Management or Human Resources
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a 5-star hotel environment.
- Has worked with HR Information (preferably Oasys) and Recruitment Systems
- Able to communicate fluently in English verbally and written
- Able to work with multicultural teams
- Able to communicate effectively and build professional relationships with hotel colleagues.
- Has an understanding of the financial requirements for the hotel
- Able to balance individual and Hotel needs
in oman , Muscat city
number of positions
1 Jobs available, apply now