Senior Database Administrator
Join over 1k people and receive free job offers in your inbox
Accountabilities & Key Roles
- Monitor and tuning Database performance.
- Manage in database Capacity planning.
- Contribute to the preparation of the necessary infrastructure for the operation of databases to meet the bank's database needs.
- Database upgrades and patching
- Ensure abidance with database administration standards to ensure most efficient and reliable environmental aspects of operating systems and databases including recoverability, integrity, security, availability, performance, Database upgrades and maintenance.
Responsible for database (backup, replication restore) and participate in the development of strategies and the application of solutions related to this process.
- Participate in the development and control of parameters on databases to ensure that they provide rapid response to the end user.
- Participate in the preparation of a study of project requests that identify the needs of users of databases to estimate the time and cost needed to complete those projects.
- Change management on databases.
- Monitor servers in terms of file and hard disk capacity and in terms of memory and CPU consumption.
- Monitoring and maintenance of database systems and solving problems that may occur on them.
- Work within the project team to coordinate the database development process and determine the scope of the project and its constraints.
- Troubleshoot and repair all DBs related problems in a timely manner.
- 5+ years of experience in a related job function.
- Strong working knowledge Oracle and SQL is essential.
- Strong Database Administration fundamentals, data security and migration processes.
- Migration of databases (oracle, SQL)
- Backup and recovery of the databases (oracle, SQL)
- Good Knowledge of Database management Policy
- Strong Knowledge in standards for database administration.
- Strong knowledge in data replication, high availability And and disaster recover solutions for example (Clustering, Oracle Data Guard , SQL mirroring, Always ON) .
- Good knowledge of backup solutions
- Good knowledge of Oracle Database Vault
- Good Knowledge of Installing RAC Database maintenance / troubleshooting.
- Good Knowledge in Tuning using Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Database Patching and Upgrading.
in Jordan , Amman city
number of positions
1 Jobs available, apply now