Human Resource Officer
Join over 1k people and receive free job offers in your inbox
Gems Wellington School Qatar are looking to hire a Human Resource officer to join our school. The successful candidate will lead on and manage all aspects of Human Resources within assigned school(s). Manage and oversee the implementation and compliance with GEMS Human Resources policies, procedures and systems. Provide expertise, support and advice in the various Human Resources functions, which include recruitment, staffing, performance management, Employment Law and employee relations.
- Manage all day to day operations of the Human Resources school office. Manage and oversee Human Resources policies, procedures and systems to ensure consistency and compliance.
- Advise and support Principal, management and staff on Qatar Labour law regulations and compliance. Be a source of expertise within school on issues relating to Employment Law, HR Policies and Human Resources best practice.
- Support Principal in managing Employee Relations issues - with support from Corporate HR as required - including performance issues, disciplinaries, grievances and terminations. Ensure employee relations issues are handled effectively in accordance with Qatar Labour Law and GEMS Policy to mitigate risk to company and ensure quality HR provision within school.
- Prepare employment contracts and maintain all personal files of employees in coordination with the PRO and Ministry of Labour/Education requirements and in accordance with GEMS Compliance guidelines and audit criteria. Participate in HR Audits and lead on responsibility for post-Audit Action Plan to address areas of improvements in Compliance
- Support and communicate effectively with new employees during the pre-hire onboarding period to ensure a smooth and effective joining process
- Design and conduct new employee orientations to explain school and HR policies, benefit programs, code of conduct, etc.
- Administer and explain insurance benefits to employees, serve as liaison between employees and insurance carriers. Support employees with insurance related and medical issues.
- Monitor attendance and absence levels and report/escalate issues to Principal. Ensure consistent and transparent approach in handling attendance, leave and absence in school.
- Responsible for recruitment of non-Education roles in school including admin, front of house, IT, finance and operations. Manage end to end recruitment process including advertising (internal and external), shortlisting and interviewing in accordance with GEMS Recruitment SOPs.
- Oversee and ensure compliance with GEMS Compensation & Benefits guidelines and policy including following approved pay scales, compliance with Internal Transfer Policy and C&B SOPs. Maintaining ERP database accurately for all C&B transactions.
- Oversee Performance Management within school ensuring that GEMS guidelines and timescales are adhered to and that all applicable employees have appropriate goals in place. Advise and support management with Performance Management best practice.
- Develop and maintain HRIS database. Lead on HR ERP module within school and model best practice in ERP usage. Participate in ongoing ERP training as required.
- Support, lead and promote GEMS Employee Engagement Initiatives within assigned school(s). Act as an “Ambassador” and role model for Employee Engagement and participate in wider events and initiatives as required.
- Develop and update Employee Handbook as required.
- Perform specific research/investigation into operational issues as requested.
- Assist and prepare statistical summaries and reports for school and GEMS Corporate Office.
- Provide support to the wider GEMS HR network as required and participate actively in HR meetings and training. Support other HR Officers within the group.
About Your Benefits
- College Degree preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment is a plus.
- Credible experience of managing employee relations
- Knowledge in general HR office procedures, policies and methods
- At least a minimum of 1 – 3 years’ experience working in a HR generalist capacityor a strong admin or customer service background with aptitude for HR.
Job-Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Solid communication skills, attention to details and follow up. Able to multi task and cope with a degree of pressure at peak times.
- Pro-active, positive, solutions oriented approach. Able to be flexible and deal with a degree of ambiguity and work independently.
Trusted for over 60 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 170,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division.
About The School
GEMS Wellington School is a premium school offering the National Curriculum for England from the ages of 3 – 18. The school opened in 2015 and has undergone rapid growth during this time, making it one of the leading schools offering an authentic British style education in Qatar. We are ambitious for all our students and staff, and aspire for excellence in all we do. Our strong community ethos and culture is built around a clear set of traditional values and behaviours, including integrity, honesty, respect, empathy and hard work, in which we expect every member of our community to exhibit. At WSQ we believe that by providing a supportive and challenging learning environment alongside high quality teaching, every student should thrive and succeed. They should have the opportunity to explore their strengths and interests whether that is in academics, sports, performing arts or more. Through this approach our aim is to ensure that when students leave WSQ they are well prepared for the rapidly changing world, not only with the desired qualifications but also with a ‘can do’ mindset, a love of learning and the resilience to effectively overcome future challenges.
This ambition is underpinned and reinforced by the fact that we have recently adopted the High Performance Learning (HPL) philosophy with the aim of becoming a ‘World Class HPL’ School.
To learn more please visit WSQ http://www.gemswellingtonschool-qatar.com/
About Application Process
If you meet the criteria and you are enthusiastic about the role, we would welcome your application.
To complete the application you would need the following document(s):
- Passport-size photograph
In line with the UAE's Emiratisation goals, GEMS welcomes and encourages applications from UAE nationals to join our fast-growing team.
Important Note : GEMS Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. Applicants will be required to submit a current police criminal clearance check or equivalent from their home country or current country of residence prior to appointment.
in Qatar , Doha city
number of positions
1 Jobs available, apply now