Field Service Engineer L3 - Kuwait
Join over 1k people and receive free job offers in your inbox
We are looking for a trainee Field Service Engineer that we can develop into this role and train on our equipment. Upon joining you will receive an extensive internal product training on our equipment, and we will also support you to obtain a Restricted Electrical License and Radiation Use License.
Every minute of every day, in nearly every country across the globe, Smiths Detection people and technology make the world a safer place. We safeguard people, business and infrastructure with the latest innovations and screening technology for aviation, ports, borders, defence, and security.
What Makes Us Different
- Global leader: We impact critical systems every day with sites in 17 countries and six centres of research excellence.
- Digital growth: A key part of our capability is the integration of digital technology across our business
- Exciting opportunities: Our growth is creating exciting opportunities to work with experts in physics, chemistry, electronics, mechanics, production, computer science, and AI/machine learning.
- International environment: With some projects, work requires global collaboration and the potential to travel and grow with the business
- Carry out service, maintenance and installation of Smiths Detection products
- Inspection, repair, testing and adjustments of Smiths Detection products
- Provision of technical support to Smiths Detection customers and sales/project staff
- Liaison with Smiths Detection factories and support staff as required
- Maintenance of appropriate technical licenses, security licenses and security passes
- Provision of basic safety and operator training on completion of any installation or new works
- Completion of works documentation and entering into the service system database
- Be available to work on-call approximately one in every three weeks
- Work 3 shifts model (8 hours /day) – rotating each week – morning, afternoon, night.
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- We are seeking a candidate qualified to Degree level in electrical or electronics, or equivalent course through TAFE Institute
- You may also have worked in the military in a technical role and be looking for your first role in Industry
- 2 years of experience
- Electrical license is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities, with strong people engagement to deal with numerous internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to build excellent working relationships with colleagues from across the organisation and at all levels
- Proven ability to successfully manage many high priority objectives simultaneously
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 14,600 colleagues, based in 50+ countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with a 170+ year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About Smiths Detection
Smiths Detection is a global leader in detection and screening technologies for the protection of people and assets, supporting safety, security and freedom of movement in today’s world.
in Kuwait , Kuwait city
number of positions
1 Jobs available, apply now