(Refinery Gas Plants) Environmental Engineer
Join over 1k people and receive free job offers in your inbox
This role required candidate to permanently relocate at Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
About the Company
This company engages in the exploration, production, transportation, and sale of crude oil and natural gas. It operates through the following segments: Upstream, Downstream, and Corporate. The Upstream segment includes crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids exploration, field development, and production. The Downstream segment focuses on refining, logistics, power generation, and the marketing of crude oil, petroleum and petrochemical products, and related services to international and domestic customers. The Corporate segment offers supporting services including human resources, finance, and information technology. The company was founded on May 29, 1933 and is headquartered in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
We are currently seeking an Environmental Engineer to join our team at the This Company Global Manufacturing Support Department (GMSD). In this role, you will be responsible for addressing environmental protection and performance aspects related to refinery and gas plants.
GMSD plays a crucial role in providing technical consultations, operational support, troubleshooting, benchmarking, strategy development, business planning, and conducting assessments in various areas, including safety and environmental compliance, cyber security, advanced process control and optimizations, energy and electrical efficiency, process engineering, reliability and maintenance, and operational excellence. Additionally, GMSD is actively involved in the implementation of This Company's digital transformation program.
As an Environmental Engineer, your primary focus will be on establishing and maintaining the Environmental Management System in alignment with ISO-14001 standards. You will work to ensure and enhance compliance with applicable environmental regulations and standards, while also implementing corporate environmental programs and procedures. Your efforts will be directed towards improving facilities' environmental performance and contributing to the development of the business plan.
Another critical responsibility of the role is overseeing the implementation and governance of the Green House Gas management (GHG) program. This position presents a great opportunity to make a significant impact on environmental sustainability within our organization and contribute to our commitment to protecting the environment.
- Provide all cost engineering expertise and coordinate activities as a group/unit.
- Conduct regular environmental performance monitoring and analysis reporting.
- Ensure facility operating and business plans objectives are consistent and in line with company environmental protection policies and standards.
- Identify deviations and develop solutions to mitigate environmental risk and improve environmental compliance.
- Develop, review, and implement GHG management program, including GHG data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Conduct internal GHG assurance audit and provide support in preparation for facilities' GHG 3rd party audits.
- Monitor solids and chemical disposals to guarantee safe environmental protection in compliance with governmental regulations.
- Monitor air quality, wastewater, and water conservation performance.
- Establish environmental KPIs targets in alignment with company environmental policies and strategies.
- Develop, review, and deploy facilities' environmental management system in alignment with ISO 14001.
- Develop and maintain Environmental procedures and guidelines.
- Conduct environmental audits/assessments.
- Conduct environmental performance benchmarking studies among oil and gas refineries.
- Organize technical exchange workshops among oil and gas refineries.
- Develop and deliver training material to promote environmental awareness among refinery personnel.
- This role required candidate to permanently relocate at Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
- Bachelor's degree in environmental or chemical engineering from a recognized university/college and approved program. A master or advanced degree and/or EPI/QEP certified professional is preferred.
- 12+ years of experience in the Oil and Gas sector, especially in Refining, Chemical, and/or NGL Fractionation Process, with at least 7 years of experience in a direct environmental management role for refinery or gas plants.
- Strong management and coordination skills.
- Robust analytical and organization skills.
- Excellent technical writing and presentation skills.
in oman , Muscat city
number of positions
1 Jobs available, apply now