Regional New Business Manager- Beirut
Join over 1k people and receive free job offers in your inbox
What makes Ogilvy different?
David Ogilvy famously said “If each of us hires people who are bigger than we are, we shall become a company of giants”
So we’re on a mission to find the giants. And bring them together to create giant ideas that will change the world and create growth for our clients
This passion for growth for our Clients is what drives us, every day.
And makes us different.
These days, we all know that growth is not easy. The old rules no longer apply. Unlocking opportunities is more difficult than ever. Growth is fragmented and incremental.
However, we believe it doesn’t have to be this way! We refuse to accept the status quo, we aim to disrupt, to innovate, to explore new markets and create new categories.
At Memac Ogilvy, we understand that real and powerful growth creates real value for our clients. And our ambition is to unlock all the value a modern company needs in order to create and sustain growth.
If you feel that you have ambition to be part of this exciting new future, then read on….
This exciting and fast-paced position sits within our regional new business and marketing team, focusing on supporting the growth of the Ogilvy brand. With the belief that brands can grow with the right ideas behind them. Ogilvy is the world’s biggest growth platform.
Working in partnership with the GTM (Go To Market) leads and reporting into regional Chief Growth Officer, this role is responsible for leading, driving and project managing the new business process from lead generation to pitch conversion. There are plenty of opportunities to work on some amazing clients and be part of a vibrant, outgoing team.
Whilst the role is based in our Beirut office, Memac Ogilvy has 12 offices across the MENA region and is in fact the world’s largest communication agency so there will be some ad hoc travel requirements.
You will need to manage multiple stakeholders and specialists across all areas of the business and levels of seniority. Outstanding organisational skills are an absolute essential – as are forward planning and attention to detail. The ability to manage complex workloads and absolute adherence to deadlines are key.
At the heart of a good new business department, is a well-oiled and treasured machine. You are a key part of the team that drives that machine. When asked, you know exactly where to put your hand on documents, films, case studies and great examples of answers to procurement questions. You will work with the new business experts across the globe who have these cases and answers and keep them central and updated.
You will primarily use strong project management, influencing, organisation and literacy skills as well as your knowledge of the industry, our clients and business, to help the network win regional and local new business. You report directly to the regional Chief Growth Officer, MENA.
- Manage new business reporting, both internally and for how we report new business into WPP via Sugar CRM (our new business database) – chasing markets where necessary, to keep this up to date
- Generate monthly new business reports
- Manage case studies for our key clients. In all formats, film and written (both in long hand and in presentation format)
- Manage the completion of Regional RFI’s and written submissions if appropriate, and certainly assist which ever leader is writing the submission (many regional submissions will be led by a regional leader in the local market where the client wants the centre of gravity to be)
- Support the regional Chief Growth Officer with the prospecting strategy
- Help maintain excellent relationships with intermediaries, industry bodies and potential prospects and manage Memac Ogilvy company information (credentials, show reels, online profiles etc.) that they hold centrally on Ogilvy.
Skills and core competencies
- Manage the process for RFIs & RFPs so key timings are understood by all
- Prioritise your workload so that you can manage multiple tasks across numerous projects with competing deadlines simultaneously
- Understand how to leverage time zones to our advantage when it comes to deadlines
Be able to work in Keynote, power point and excel well. Keynote is essential – you must have good keynote skills. There are designers but you need to have some self-sufficiency in these formats
Communication and literacy:
- Demonstrate excellent writing skills with accurate punctuation and grammar and the ability to adapt your written style across various RFPs, and pitch collateral
- Excellent proof-reading skills with ability to spot typos, misspellings, punctuation and grammar errors and amend accordingly
- Be able to talk to internal stakeholders at all levels in a way that can influence, persuade and express your opinion with confidence
- Manage tricky conversations professionally
- Demonstrate excellent presentation skills that enable you to communicate your point clearly in group forums and meetings
- Proactively seek feedback on your work and performance as well as deliver positive and constructive feedback to your fellow team members
- Demonstrate excellent listening skills and keep the team up to date on new business activity by actively feeding information
- Know when to ask for help and actively seek guidance
Teamwork and relationship management:
- Be confident to build, grow and maintain relationships with potential and existing Memac Ogilvy clients.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with agency bodies such as intermediaries
- Good team player and prepared to ‘muck in’ and help out wherever necessary
- Build and demonstrate close working relationships across the agency network and collaborate effectively
- Develop good working relationships with the wider agency network (the Ogilvy specialist group companies, WPP, and Group-M media agencies)
- Proactively manage upwards, keeping line manager up to date on progress and any potential issues
- Ensure accuracy and strong attention to detail at all times
- Take ownership and responsibility to implement and deliver high quality work
- Oversee all administration of key documents including RFI’s etc
- Manage internal and external reporting and tracking of new and organic business growth
A minimum of 4 years new business experience, ideally in a network position, is essential
The role is extremely varied – no two days are ever the same – but each day is always busy! The candidate needs to be resourceful and work both quickly and accurately to meet deadlines.
The candidate must be a natural communicator who can work with people at all levels of the agency and must be comfortable communicating with senior level staff. The candidate will be able to motivate others to produce work quickly, liaising with all departments - from production, client services and creative - to turn around work quickly accurately and to budget. You should be curious and sociable and, most importantly, excited by creativity.
The ideal candidate needs to be energetic, organised, flexible and motivated and must have the ability to self-start and be pro-active. Good written and verbal communication skills are essential as credentials and communications are tailored to meet the individual opportunity. Accuracy and engagement are key.
The candidate must be able to deal with the stress of working to conflicting deadlines and must be able to juggle several projects. The Global New Business Manager needs to have lots of energy, a great sense of humour and remain calm under pressure.
More about Ogilvy
More about your team leader:
You will be working closely with RCGO
Ogilvy is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
in Lebanon , Beirut city
number of positions
1 Jobs available, apply now