The Professional Services team delivers a wide range of projects for both clients and business partners. The Professional Services Engagement Manager will build and maintain a solid working relationship with coworkers and clients, from pre-sales efforts to project delivery. The Professional Services Engagement Manager will motivate engineering teams and customers’ technology executives, acting as Scrum Master and the central point of contact for all parties to orchestrate technical delivery. The ability to manage customer expectations and establish long-term partnerships by delivering complex projects effectively, on time, on budget, and according to agreed-upon scope, is critical to the Professional Services Engagement Manager’s role.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Hands-on project management, including initiation, planning, and execution of projects and account-related activities, facilitating resolution of issues and roadblocks
- Drive key decisions across projects, manage customer expectations, present and interface with project sponsors, and communicate trade-offs and risks
- Effectively leverage Agile principles, coaching and training technical project and customer team members on best practices
- Continue maintaining relationships with customer contacts in collaboration with sales, during and beyond project delivery
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related discipline, or equivalent professional experience
- At least 3 years of experience in the technology industry, managing projects through a full lifecycle, ideally within a service delivery / consultancy environment
- At least 3 years of hands-on Agile experience, acting as Scrum Master
- Extensive knowledge of project management disciplines, methodologies, best practices, and tools
- Strong communication skills; experience presenting to executives
- Ability to travel up to 50%, as needed
- Customer-facing consulting experience or experience delivering technology services projects
- Familiarity with cloud technologies, software development, networking infrastructure, data, and/or security
- Technical background (software development/engineering, database/system design, IaaS)
- Self-starter with results oriented, proactive management approach
- Ability to learn on the job quickly and desire to develop expertise in AWS
- Ability to work in a fast-paced consulting environment and collaborate effectively as a team member
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.