Kitopi is the world’s leading tech-powered multi-brand restaurant. With a mission to satisfy the world’s appetite, Kitopi operates a portfolio of both invested and franchised F&B brands, serving as enablers in the food market by helping brands to grow and scale, both in the delivery and dine-in space.
Launched in Dubai, UAE in January 2018, Kitopi has grown to become one of the greatest success stories in the cloud kitchen and food tech space. In July 2021, Kitopi announced its $415 million Series C funding round, led by the world’s largest technology-focused investment fund, Softbank Group Corp’s Vision Fund 2. This investment catapulted Kitopi to the prestigious Unicorn status, making it the fastest Unicorn to have emerged from the MENA region.
As a leading food-tech business, Kitopi’s growth has been largely fueled by its innovative and scalable software solutions. Kitopi’s kitchens are powered by its proprietary Smart Kitchen Operating System (SKOS) - an in-house suite of applications that optimizes cloud kitchen operations in real-time. As part of its growth roadmap, technological innovation, data science, artificial intelligence, and robotics will take center stage as Kitopi continues to reinvent the food industry as we know it today.
With over 4,000 employees, Kitopi currently operates 200+ locations across the UAE, KSA, Kuwait, Bahrain, and Qatar, and runs its engineering hub in Krakow, Poland, and its global customer experience center in Dubai, UAE.
What You'll Do
- Maintain the standards, recipes, food consistency, and accuracy levels set by Kitopi and our brands while maintaining accuracy in the food production process in our central kitchen.
- Report to work on time and checks schedule the day before.
- Attend daily fifteen minutes training.
- Prepares the daily production is made accordingly
- Establish a par stock to avoid over production.
- Organizes coolers and freezers according to food safety standard.
- Checks if all equipment is in working condition
- Fills in cooler & freezer temperature log and takes action when needed.
- Maintains the highest quality and appearance of all food prepared.
- Maintains the sanitary standards and “Clean as you go” policy.
- Breaks down food after production and end of shift.
- Follows procedure regarding proper rotation, dating, labelling and covering.
- Follows procedures with the use of cleaning supplies.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Follow Kitopi and the brands’ standards.
Who Are We Looking For?
- Experience - Previous experience working in similar environment, high volume catering background, preferred.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of one or more of the following cuisines: Italian, Lebanese, Mexican, Bakery, Oriental, International, Butchery, Both hot and cold section, candidates with WOK experience is preferred
- Skills and Knowledge: Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing, innovative, pro-active and reliable.
- Able to work alone and within a team.
- Education or Certification in culinary or food management.
- Good level of English is essential.
- Due to new regulations, only candidates with Pfizer vaccination will be allowed to join.
Recruitment Process and Timeline
First, you apply and let our recruiters review your profile. After reviewing, you will receive a link to book a meeting with a recruiter at your convenience to share more about yourself and for us to get to know you better. If you have been shortlisted, you will have the opportunity to meet our hiring managers. Depending on the scope of the role and the function, you may need to attend 2-3 rounds (which might include case study, role-play, trial, or live coding - this will be communicated to you in the initial conversation). Upon successful completion, your recruiter will get in touch with you to discuss the offer. We aim to take you through this process within 2-3 weeks.
- Extensive learning opportunities - we offer many hard and soft skills training to help you improve and challenge yourself
- You’ll have access to LinkedIn Learning, Coursera, and Mindvalley where you can choose over thousands of courses to satisfy your hunger for knowledge.
- You'll be involved in customized workshops run by Kitopi Academy
- You’ll have a chance to work in an international, diverse, and inclusive environment
- You’ll be part of one of the most caring communities out there.
- Finding a chance to become a shareowner with our ESOP plan
- Free and unlimited access to a nutritionist because we care about you
- No Dress Code!
- Extended maternity and parental leave
- The infamous team activities and social events are bursting with fun
- Inclusive Private Health Insurance
- Up to 50% discount from Kitopi brands
- 30 calendar days annual leave
- Work from anywhere policy
So, what does it really mean to work at Kitopi?
We are constantly striving to make Kitopi the best place to work in the world, by empowering you to be the best version of yourself every day. Our company values act as our guiding principles to help ensure that everyone feels safe, included, and like they truly belong.
Kitopi is an equal opportunity employer. While we currently operate in 6 countries, we are over 70 different nationalities of talented Kitopians. We celebrate our rich diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures and have a 0 tolerance policy towards racism, bigotry, and hate. Please apply if you see a position that makes your heart skip a beat and help us build a company where we're all proud to work for.
Along with offices in all the markets we operate in, we also believe in a “work from anywhere” policy - you get to choose the environment you operate in because we believe this will help you deliver work you’re proud of.
Tech-enabled and customer-obsessed, at Kitopi, we are a team of passionate humans who are on a mission together to satisfy the world’s appetite.