Kitopi is the world’s leading tech-powered multi-brand restaurant. With a mission to satisfy the world’s appetite, Kitopi operates a portfolio of both invested and franchised F&B brands, serving as enablers in the food market by helping brands to grow and scale, both in the delivery and dine-in space.
Launched in Dubai, UAE in January 2018, Kitopi has grown to become one of the greatest success stories in the cloud kitchen and food tech space. In July 2021, Kitopi announced its $415 million Series C funding round, led by the world’s largest technology-focused investment fund, Softbank Group Corp’s Vision Fund 2. This investment catapulted Kitopi to the prestigious Unicorn status, making it the fastest Unicorn to have emerged from the MENA region.
As a leading food-tech business, Kitopi’s growth has been largely fueled by its innovative and scalable software solutions. Kitopi’s kitchens are powered by its proprietary Smart Kitchen Operating System (SKOS) - an in-house suite of applications that optimizes cloud kitchen operations in real-time. As part of its growth roadmap, technological innovation, data science, artificial intelligence, and robotics will take center stage as Kitopi continues to reinvent the food industry as we know it today.
With over 4,000 employees, Kitopi currently operates 200+ locations across the UAE, KSA, Kuwait, Bahrain, and Qatar, and runs its engineering hub in Krakow, Poland, and its global customer experience center in Dubai, UAE.
What You'll Do
- Supports General Manager to achieve business objectives.
- Ensures excellent kitchen operations thru quality, speed and accuracy, to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Is responsible for brands’ satisfaction and adhering to the recipes and standards.
- Oversees inventory, availability, FCR and other food related KPIs.
- Ensures that all sanitation, safety and security policies and procedures are observed and enforced.
- Trains and monitors the culinary competency of team members; supports their growth and career development.
- Partners with Customer Success team to urgently address all occurring problems and supports the implementation of new initiatives; is involved in on-boarding of new brands.
- Partner with Brand Champions in ensuring that standards are fully executed; facilitates the on-boarding of new brands; collects and shares feedback with the Culinary and Growth team to support success of the brands.
- Collects and share feedback with the culinary and customer success team to support success of brands.
- Works with facilities team to ensure proper performance and maintenance of kitchen equipment.
- Supported by Unit Manager, is responsible for inventory management, ordering, product availability, waste control and FCR.
What We Look For
- 5+ years of experience in kitchen operations management within food & beverage, hospitality, or catering.
- Bachelors in culinary arts or hospitality management.
- Culinary expert who takes responsibility for quality of end products and constantly works towards optimization of your kitchen.
- Strong people management skills and experience leading large teams while coaching and monitoring the culinary competency of team members.
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to build and manage strong relationships with their team, cross-functional colleagues, and external partners.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills – able to speak and listen effectively; great written, verbal, and presentation skills.
Recruitment Process and Timeline
First, you apply and let our recruiters review your profile. After reviewing, you will receive a link to book a meeting with a recruiter at your convenience to share more about yourself and for us to get to know you better. If you have been shortlisted, you will have the opportunity to meet our hiring managers. Depending on the scope of the role and the function, you may need to attend 2-3 rounds (which might include case study, role-play, trial, or live coding - this will be communicated to you in the initial conversation). Upon successful completion, your recruiter will get in touch with you to discuss the offer. We aim to take you through this process within 2-3 weeks.
- Extensive learning opportunities - we offer many hard and soft skills training to help you improve and challenge yourself
- You’ll have access to LinkedIn Learning, Coursera, and Mindvalley where you can choose over thousands of courses to satisfy your hunger for knowledge.
- You'll be involved in customized workshops run by Kitopi Academy
- You’ll have a chance to work in an international, diverse, and inclusive environment
- You’ll be part of one of the most caring communities out there.
- Finding a chance to become a shareowner with our ESOP plan
- Free and unlimited access to a nutritionist because we care about you
- No Dress Code!
- Extended maternity and parental leave
- The infamous team activities and social events are bursting with fun
- Inclusive Private Health Insurance
- Up to 50% discount from Kitopi brands
- 30 calendar days annual leave
- Work from anywhere policy
So, what does it really mean to work at Kitopi?
We are constantly striving to make Kitopi the best place to work in the world, by empowering you to be the best version of yourself every day. Our company values act as our guiding principles to help ensure that everyone feels safe, included, and like they truly belong.
Kitopi is an equal opportunity employer. While we currently operate in 6 countries, we are over 70 different nationalities of talented Kitopians. We celebrate our rich diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures and have a 0 tolerance policy towards racism, bigotry, and hate. Please apply if you see a position that makes your heart skip a beat and help us build a company where we're all proud to work for.
Along with offices in all the markets we operate in, we also believe in a “work from anywhere” policy - you get to choose the environment you operate in because we believe this will help you deliver work you’re proud of.
Tech-enabled and customer-obsessed, at Kitopi, we are a team of passionate humans who are on a mission together to satisfy the world’s appetite.