Join over 1k people and receive free job offers in your inbox
Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the Team
You will get to be part of a dynamic and autonomous team who joined on a mission to build Careem Groceries all aligned on the same values of ownership, shooting to the moon and being of service to customers, partners, colleagues and captains.
What you'll do
- Identifying and establishing relationships with suppliers and ensuring a steady supply of fresh food products
- Product Selection: Choosing the right mix of Fruits & Vegetables products based on quality, and profitability
- Inventory Management: Monitoring inventory levels, ensuring product freshness, and minimizing waste by efficient inventory management
- Price Negotiation: Negotiating daily F&V prices with suppliers to achieve competitive pricing
- Quality Control: Implementing quality standards and conducting inspections to ensure that purchased products meet the required quality and safety criteria
- Collaboration: Working closely with cross-functional teams like operations, and logistics to coordinate promotions, stock levels, and delivery schedules.
- Supplier Relationships: Maintaining strong relationships with suppliers, addressing any issues, and fostering a collaborative partnership.
- Promotions and Sales: Supporting commercial team to plan and execute promotional activities to drive sales of fresh food products.
- Communication: Keeping stakeholders informed about product availability, changes, and any relevant information.
- Any other ad hoc requests from the manager
What you'll need
- Experience in sourcing from Fresh Produce Market: 2 to 5 years
- Strong knowledge on F&V produce, quality & seasonality
- Relationship with existing suppliers in UAE
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
in United Arab Emirates , Dubai city
number of positions
1 Jobs available, apply now