Lead 2D Artist, Barcelona/remote
Join over 1k people and receive free job offers in your inbox
We are looking for a talented Lead 2D Artist to join our Zeptoteam!
The role involves close collaboration on the 'Cut the Rope' franchise, so we're looking for someone who loves Om Nom and is excited about working on such a significant project with top global companies!
As our Lead 2D Artist, you'll create mockups for games, design all game-related art (UI, characters, props, etc.), and ensure top-notch quality. You'll provide feedback to external studios, communicate with decision-makers, and bring fresh ideas to the table. Quick iteration on design ideas is essential as you shape new experiences for players worldwide. Zeptolab values the impact of every team member, a crucial factor in the success of our games.
This role is based in Barcelona on a hybrid model, or remote in CET zone.
- Leading the art team of the assigned project, supporting existing style and proposing improvements;
- Creating and implementing all the visual aspects of the game from start to finish: art style, characters, environments, props, UI, FX etc;
- Working hand in hand with your teammates and mentoring more junior team members;
- Providing clear actionable feedback to external teams working on Cut the Rope and other projects if it is needed;
- Within our team of talented artists, we expect you to continuously learn and improve your skills.
What we expect from you
- A high-quality portfolio in casual art style showing great drawing skills, good sense of color, animation and UI;
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in the game industry;
- Experience in leading art function in a project;
- Experience in mentoring more junior team members;
- Experience in leading art production in a multidisciplinary team;
- Desire to work in a casual setting and mobile game development;
- The ability to produce and work on different creative designs: characters, props, backgrounds, and UI elements;
- Solid knowledge of Photoshop and Unity;
- Intermediate/advanced animation skills;
- Interest in market trends and innovative visual styles;
- Positive and proactive attitude;
- Open and willing to learn mindset, desire to develop and find new solutions; curiosity;
- Ability to drive the team and processes, perfect leadership skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- English proficiency.
These would be considered a plus
- Experience animating with Unity/After Effects/Animate/Spine;
- Good knowledge of Illustrator;
- Art or game related education;
Why join us
- We do something magical and unique – we create great games – and we do it well;
- We operate in a challenging and rapidly growing mobile gaming industry;
- ZeptoTeam - is a cohesive team of enthusiastic professionals - so your input will be heard, and your role in the project will be weighty;
- Our office is cozy and beautiful, you'll have a comfortable working place;
- Diversity and inclusion are important to us. ZeptoLab is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where you can truly belong and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or disability;
- And at last – we'll offer you an attractive compensation package (from wages to social intangible elements. Package includes medical insurance, meals, fitness and a lot of additional services).
in Turkey , istanbul city
number of positions
1 Jobs available, apply now