Associate Analyst (M/F)
Join over 1k people and receive free job offers in your inbox
SESAMm (www.sesamm.com) extracts behavioral insights from millions of unstructured text data sources across the public internet in over 100 languages, helping clients distill valuable intelligence on businesses and their customers to make investment decisions and manage risk.
We work with many well-known firms around the world in private equity, investment banking, insurance, and asset management to apply Natural Language Processing and Artificial Intelligence algorithms to track e-reputation, competitive positioning, sentiment analysis, risk and ESG factors.
SESAMm is growing quickly, with over 100 team members around the globe and offices in Paris, New York, London, Metz, Tunis, and Tokyo.
Key technologies: Alternative Data, Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning and Quantitative Analysis.
Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you dream of joining a growing company, proposing new ideas, and taking part in innovative processes?
At SESAMm, everyone brings their ideas, skills, and creativity. We value collaboration, support and teamwork. We learn every day from the experience of this great team and we constantly take up new challenges. We are proud of the work accomplished and to participate in the success of this great adventure!
The Associate Analyst role
As an Associate Analyst you will be in charge of analyzing data using SESAMm’s natural language processing tools and creating visulizations and presentations for international clients. You will participate in the development of dynamic dashboards for various investment use cases and will be part of a growing team of analysts.
What you will do:
- Annotate English data accurately and consistently, and in accordance with predefined annotation guidelines.
- Develop, implement, and maintain guidelines and procedures for consistent, high-quality classification and content creation and organization.
- Perform basic research as needed to annotate accurately.
- Provide feedback on the annotation tasks and contribute to the continuous improvement of the data annotation process.
- Provide insights regarding observed patterns in the annotated data..
- Leverage external resources like Wikipedia and standards to enrich and organize our data.
- Evaluate the quality of existing data resources, as well as the output of machine learning classifiers and internal tools.
- Provide insights regarding observed patterns in the annotated data.
- Choose unambiguous vocabulary to populate the subject taxonomy used to qualify companies and other entities.
- Use of different scripts (mostly Python) for the automation of our tasks and the organization of our data.
- Operating the Alerting pipeline that allow us to generate data for our projects.
- Conduct ESG and SDG analysis
- Annotation/Curation of ESG and SDG related articles.
- Identify controversies on client companies.
- Identify positive events on client companies.
- Work with Sales team to build projects, proof of concepts and handle deliveries;
- Work with the Marketing & Communication team to create studies and dashboards, propose visualizations based on recent events, and publish newsletters with data analytics.
The duties and responsibilities in this job description may evolve with business needs.
An excellent level of English proficiency, very good interpersonal skills and strong motivation are required. The candidate will need to demonstrate autonomy and innovation in the face of a constantly changing environment. The list of tasks described is not necessarily exhaustive and may be modified according to the constraints of the company and the evolution of its needs.
Desired Background and Skills
Educational background :
▪ Business School or University Master Degree
Skills Requirements :
▪ Good analytical skills and detail-oriented
▪Excellent communication and relational skills : communicate with clients, understand their needs and issues, collaborate with internal teams
▪ Ability to turn complex concepts into actionable recommendations
▪ Highly organized, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
▪ Languages : fluent English speaker with very good writing skills
▪ Proficiency with Powerpoint and Excel
Even better :
▪ Knowledge of REST APIs
▪ A first experience (including internship) in Business Intelligence / Data Analytics is appreciated
▪ Any prior data visualization software skills : Kibana, Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, QuickSight or similar
Benefits of Working at SESAMm
Package: We offer attractive packages with various advantages : Company provided medical insurance & meal vouchers & other benefits.
Flexibility: Our teams are allowed to telework up to four days a week
Work environment: In our offices, you will find refreshments (coffee, tea, drinks, snacks) and interactions in a rich and multicultural environment.
Career: Deciding to join SESAMm, means having prospects for growth, seeing the real impact of your daily work, and contributing to the evolution of a fast growing start-up.
Professional evolution: We consider training as a key, both internally with our Learn & Show (workshops led by colleagues for knowledge sharing) or externally via third party organizations or platforms.
Transparency: You will always be apprised of the company’s continuing evolution with regular informative meetings as an essential element of transparency : “Ask Me Anything”, once a month informative and interactive meeting, strategic meetings…
Well-being: At the heart of our concerns are well-being at work, a corporate culture with strong values, and work/life balance.
In summary, SESAMm has a strong team spirit, communication facilitated by a horizontal hierarchy and a rich culture of diversity.
- Location: Tunis
- Type of contract: Permanent contract
- Start date: As soon as possible
in Tunisia , Tunisia city
number of positions
1 Jobs available, apply now