Our people make SAIT great. The Employee Services team is here to help you make the most of your career at SAIT. Building on the Strategic Plan and supporting the Education Plan and Global Strategy, our people plan provides opportunities to learn, develop and grow.
Reporting to the Director, Employee Experience, the Wellness & Ability Management Advisor is responsible for the administration of SAIT’s wellness and disability management programs. This position is responsible for providing case management services for employees experiencing medical accommodations, WCB claims, General Sick Leave claims and LTD claims. The focus is on an early and safe return to work. You will be a trusted partner and subject matter expert for the Employee Services department and managers across the organization on absence and disability management matters. Additionally, this position develops and delivers employee wellness programs, initiatives and events to promote and improve overall employee wellness. Finally, this position proactively uses data to guide process and practices, identifies trends and works cross functionally with a variety of SAIT stakeholders to ensure an effective program.
Note: This is a temporary position ending December 20, 2024.
- Reviews employee files and provides case specific advice to third party Case Managers regarding substance abuse and mental health cases
- Acts as a subject matter expert and leader on SAIT’s psychological and physical wellness
- Identifies case specific internal and external resources to assist with case resolution and return to appropriate gainful employment/maximum recovery
- Analyzes EFAP and health benchmark data to identify trends and assess opportunities for new ideas, strategies and evidence informed health and wellness initiatives
- Develops and reviews all wellness communications including e-mails and campaigns
- Oversees SAIT’s EFAP and Trauma, Depression Care and Critical Incident Response provider including relationship management, metrics review and union stakeholder meetings
- Develops, implements, and oversees sustainable health promotion programs for employees using EFAP, multiple vendor and HR data and conversations with leadership to inform this work
- Manages relationships with third-party vendors to ensure they adhere to established plans, deliver targeted results, and meet agreed upon service levels
- Monitors performance of well-being initiatives, such as developing and maintaining reporting dashboards with key metrics to be shared with internal stakeholders
- Leads wellness champions program
- Post-secondary diploma in relevant area (HR, Kinesiology, Health Promotion, Nursing); a Degree is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years' experience relating to both psychological and physical health promotion, and progressive experience in case management and workplace accommodation. Experience in a post-secondary institute, or within a unionized environment is an asset.
- Occupational Health and Safety Certification, Certified Disability Management Professional or Certified Return to Work Coordinator, Registered Rehab Professional or equivalent experience
- Experienced with vendor management and negotiations.
- Strong written and presentation skills
- Ability to manage priorities independently
- Ability to prioritize and organize work, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Ability to integrate psychological and physical health and wellness into business practices
- Strong continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to influence and negotiate to achieve positive wellness outcomes
- Strong technical proficiency with an HRIS system, preferably Banner
Job classification: Senior Pension & Benefits Specialist
Hours per week: 37.5
Salary range: $73,000 - $86,000
Position end date: December 20, 2024
Posting closing date: August 31, 2023
SAIT is a global leader in applied education. Named one of Alberta’s Top Employers
, we offer the chance to work with a purpose — preparing the next generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers.
Building on our 100+ year history, we’re looking for innovative, bold and collaborative employees who embrace change and deliver world-class customer experiences. Your future starts now at SAIT.
Equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) is essential to achieving SAIT’s vision to be a global leader in applied education. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Learn more about EDI at SAIT
At SAIT, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding diverse perspectives to SAIT - so if your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
SAIT is committed to supporting persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with applicants to provide accommodations upon request to the Talent Advisor.
BEWARE FALSE POSTINGS AND RECRUITING OFFERS
SAIT has been made aware of individuals or organizations posing as SAIT using false postings to attract job seekers and collect personal information. Please be aware that SAIT will never request sensitive personal information beyond what is required for an application.
Career opportunities at SAIT will always be posted on the SAIT career site and we encourage applicants to only apply directly through there. When your application is completed you will receive an email confirmation, if you did not receive one please check your junk mail or try applying through the SAIT career page again.