Senior Driver and Admin Assistant (GS-3), FTA, #0 067976 ALG, Tindouf
Join over 1k people and receive free job offers in your inbox
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child,
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does in programmes, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to children's rights into action. For UNICEF, equity means that all children have an opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination, bias or favoritism. To the degree that any child has an unequal chance in life in its social, political, economic, civic and cultural dimensions her or his rights are violated. There is growing evidence that investing in the health, education and protection of a society's most disadvantaged citizens addressing inequity not only will give all children the opportunity to fulfill their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. This is why the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also supporting the equitable development of nations.
Click on the Link to see our video
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
How can you make a difference?
Since 1986, UNICEF has been providing support to Sahrawi children and women living in the five refugee camps located in the wilaya of Tindouf, in southwest Algeria. UNICEF's action is part of the assistance provided by United Nations agencies to a population living in extremely difficult conditions. UNICEF intends to strengthen its humanitarian program to ensure an effective and responsive program to the continuing needs in refugees camps.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Humanitarian Programme Officer, the programme associate supports the respective section (s) by carrying out a range of programme support functions to help develop, implement and monitor their country programme, ensuring effective and timely delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations.
The Senior Driver, at the G-3 level, provides reliable and safe driving services to the head of
office, demonstrating the highest standards of professionalism, discretion, integrity, sense of
responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol, whilst ensuring compliance with local driving rules and regulations.
The Senior Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy,
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Associate in the humanitarian refugees’ camps in Tindouf, the senior Driver and admin assistant will cover and important part of the job in the field
The incumbent will be dedicated 60% driving roles - 40% administrative roles, the position will support field implementation activities as well as officer maintenance supplies
tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
As the Humanitarian Programme in Tindouf in Sahrawi Refugees Camps is having more importance in the overall CO Programme, the operational need in the field has identified the need of a Senior driver, level G-3, provides reliable and safe driving services to the Tindouf field team by demonstrating the highest qualities of professionalism, discretion, integrity and sense of responsibility, while ensuring to comply with local rules of conduct and United Nations security. The lead driver would be an integral part of the field team, assisting with various administrative tasks
The Senior Driver & Admin Assistant is expected to demonstrate a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds. Under the supervision and guidance of the Program Officer, the Senior Driver & Admin Assistant is responsible for executing a broad variety of routine administrative tasks for the office.
Key Functions, Accountabilities And Related Duties/tasks
Summary of main duties/responsibilities:
- Ensure reliable and safe driving services for staff and officials.
- Maintenance of assigned vehicle
- Documentation of vehicle information
- Dealing with protocol issues related to staff and civil servant travel to Tindouf.
- Office supplies and maintenance
- Ensure reliable and safe driving services for staff and officials:
Reliable and safe driving services for staff and officials Drives office vehicles for the transport of UN staff, officials, visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items.
- Maintenance of assigned vehicle.
Keeping the vehicle in good running condition by performing minor repairs, arranging for major repairs, performing timely oil changes, checking tires, brakes, water levels and wash the vehicle, and wash the vehicle.
- Documentation of vehicle information.
Ensure availability of all required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, logbooks, office directory etc, vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle records, office directory, city/country map, first aid kit and necessary spare parts in assigned vehicle; monitors insurance and other tax formalities.
- Dealing with protocol issues related to the movement of staff and civil servants in Tindouf
- Welcoming missionaries at Tindouf Airport and facilitating procedures for border police services
- Provide assistance to international staff with administrative tasks such as opening bank accounts in Tindouf.
- Coordinate with the senior drivers of the United Nations Agencies (UNHCR, WFP, CBM. And MINURSO) for the organization of donor missions
- Initiate and finalize the procedure for obtaining a visa extension from the Foreigners Service of the Wilaya of Tindouf at the request of the hierarchical superior within the time allowed.
- Office and maintenance supplies.
- Control and supervise the adequate and appropriate use of supplies.
- Ensure that the services and maintenance of the premises comply with the standards of the organization.
- Support the management of administrative supplies and office equipment and update the inventory of items.
- Control and supervise the maintenance of the office.
IV. Impact of Results
The efficiency and efficacy of the support provided by the Senior Driver Administrative Assistant ensures the safe and timely transportation of staff, officials and visitors to work assignments and the efficient maintenance of vehicles owned/rented by the office, thus supporting the efficient running of the office which in turn strengthens UNICEF’s capacity in delivering programmes for the most vulnerable women and children in that particular country.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Secondary education is required, as well as a valid driver's license.
A minimum of three years of work experience as a driver in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a safe driving record is required
French and Arabic written and spoken (required)
English is an asset.
- Training and experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other UNICEF software such as SharePoint; knowledge of integrated management information systems required.
- Thorough knowledge of UNICEF’s organizational structure, administrative policies and procedures.
- Organizational, planning and prioritizing skills and abilities.
- Knowledge of protocols and ability to deal patiently and tactfully with visitors
- High sense of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural background.
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve common goals and to provide guidance to more junior support staff.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
For every Child, you demonstrate...
Get Acquainted With Our Values Charter
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it.
UUNICEF competencies required for this post are…
i) Core Competencies (For Staff without Supervisory Responsibilities) *
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. The UNICEF family is committed to include everyone, irrespective of their race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements. UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
“UNICEF is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence”
Candidates must be of Algerian Nationality
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
in Algeria , Algeria city
number of positions
1 Jobs available, apply now