Join over 1k people and receive free job offers in your inbox
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT Algeria IS LOOKING FOR A SHIFT LEAD
SENIORITY LEVEL Non-management
LOCATION Oran, Algeria
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The person is responsible for managing a team of equipment owners for an operating line, lines or manufacturing operation. They are responsible for delivering the PQCDSI results required to meet compelling business needs through the rigorous use of RTT/IWS tools. 95% of each person's time will be spent on the shop floor working with the team.
Reports to Line Lead
Direct Reports Operators
Geographic Scope Local
What You Will Be Accountable For
- Ensures that the designated shift produces the required volume and mix of product on time and of the required quality.
- Identifies opportunities within their shift that will have the greatest impact on the operation’s performance by understanding 'trends and patterns' and implementing them in consultation with the Cell Manager.
- Identify opportunities for improvement on the machines and within the shift (optimization of resources, reduction of waste and overtime, and increased productivity).
- Prioritize activities within the shift to maximize output according to the production schedule.
- Provide shift team capability for run to target DMS execution.
- Single point of contact for shift team. Includes DMS rtt, milestone progression, and maintenance of standards.
- Lead shift team through IWS phase journey
- Coach shift team and support resources to comply with established standards and document standards for improvements made
- Provide shift team capability for execution of change per standard work practice at target time
- Support development and lead parts of loss elimination plans using IWS tools
Essential Experience, Skills And Knowledge
- Engineering degree in electrical/mechanical engineering plus one year's experience in a reputable manufacturing company.
- Advanced technician diploma and 4 years' experience in a reputable manufacturing company.
- Experience in team management would be a plus.
- Strong ability to work with data and information.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
- Demonstrated ability to assimilate technical data in support of recommendations
- Basic problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated self-motivated leadership
- Ability and commitment to drive change within the organization
- Leadership skills, ability to lead a small project team
- Interpersonal collaboration skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to present to small groups
- Coach and develop technical team
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
Be vigilant - BAT will never ask a job candidate for money for any reason, including paying for visa, work permits or pre-employment checks. If someone invites you to apply for a BAT role and asks for payment for these types of activities, it is not a legitimate BAT job.
in Algeria , Oran city
number of positions
1 Jobs available, apply now