Commercial Operations Manager - Europe
Join over 1k people and receive free job offers in your inbox
The successful candidate will manage commercial and sales activities in designated regional markets through coordination with Head Office stakeholders and Outstation teams, ensuring achievement of Emirates' commercial network and regional objectives, under the supervision of the Regional SVP and Senior Regional Manager Commercial Operations (SRMCO). Create and implement plans to drive the sales force towards achieving regional and country-level KPIs for revenue, cost, and route performance. Analyse internal and external data sources and provide recommendations to assist management in optimising revenue generation at cabin, channel, and segment levels. Guide relevant stakeholders on trends and target deviations and suggest corrective measures where necessary.
- Drive the implementation of Emirates commercial strategic priorities in the assigned markets (offline and online) and support SRMCO in defining market objectives, managing incentives by providing commercial and analytical support during the planning, implementation and reviewing of travel agents incentives programs, managing budgets, and coordinating regional activities.
- Monitor performance against set KPIs, proactively identify opportunities and threats, suggest, and implement corrective actions, prepare business plans, coordinate marketing and sales actions, programs and campaigns for the assigned markets and collaborate with relevant stakeholders for planning, execution, and analysis.
- Monitor market trends, competitor activities, identify business opportunities (B2C and B2B) and work with the market commercial teams towards long term improvement. Provide market intelligence and sales leads to outstation and regional management teams by routinely monitoring travel trade and news media in the region, ensuring that competitive market threats and opportunities can be identified as they arise. Source and share reports from the field, airport authorities and other external parties to provide further industry insights.
- Share best practices and learnings across the region and ensure optimal and effective use of available sales and analytical tools by the outstation teams (Salesforce, MicroStrategy, RDOC etc.), supporting sales teams in developing required competencies and coordinate regional training plans. Ensure compliance to EK internal and market applicable regulations and policies, related to commercial operations.
- Monitor and review Cost of Sale (CoS) at route, Point of Sale (POS), and channel level. Review route performance, home/ network POS contribution on the assigned routes and proactively identify opportunities for online and offline markets contribution and increased domestic feeder traffic. Conduct comprehensive analysis on load/seat factors and route OD (Origin & Destination) mix and advise management on areas for improvement. Pro-actively engage peers and other commercial stakeholders to ensure that pax (passenger)/cargo revenue mix, OD mix and segment/channel mix is optimal by flight number and then track any agreed actions to achieve desired impact.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. Evaluate potential partnerships and collaborate with Country/Sales/eCommerce Managers and other stakeholders to implement market specific promotions in alignment with the short/long term regional sales strategies. Leverage EK codeshare and interline partnerships for optimal performance for online and offline markets. Identify opportunities for increased network contribution and coordinate the initiatives with other markets/internal and external (tourism boards, etc.) stakeholders. Handle special commercial projects such as large `Special Interest? groups and global conferences, route studies, market evaluation etc., and see through until completion in liaison with various stakeholders.
- Work with the markets and Distribution team on development and implementation of Emirates NDC strategy.
- Support Emirates Skywards program by developing regional and individual market initiatives to drive member enrolment and engagement.
- Work with SRMCO to establish and communicate a comprehensive project plan for new station start-ups in the region. Act as the sole point of contact to co-ordinate with all stake holders and monitor the progress to ensure preparations are timely, in line with the operating plan and ensure revenue and route profitability objectives are achieved. Support Country Managers to initiate negotiations where appropriate with key stakeholders within the region that are critical for commercial success such as Government officials, Tourism boards, and financial institutions.
- Manage the relationship with GSAs (General Sales Agents) and PSAs (where applicable). This will include working with PSA/GSA and local agents and/or corporates to scope new opportunities and market drivers, ensuring GSAs meet contractual obligations and generate the required volume/revenue support for the online routes and helping them to get adequate support from EK stakeholders, liaising with Emirates Legal team for contract renewal/ amendments, steering and monitoring GSA performance, guide with support (e.g., groups) and coordinate with the assigned Country/Sales managers or taking over some of the relationships back to the head office, freeing local online market resources.
- Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent)
- 8 years experience related to marketing, sales, or a planning at a management level. Commercial / sales experience in hub or outstation role.
- Experience in business development and formulating marketing, sales, and commercial strategies, along with a proven ability in implementing and driving business strategies. 5 years of which should be in the Airline / Travel trade industry.
- Strong analytical and commercial thinking skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work, collaborating across teams - Leadership and management qualities.
in United Arab Emirates , Dubai city
number of positions
1 Jobs available, apply now