Join over 1k people and receive free job offers in your inbox
- Responsible for day-to-day coordination with the contractors and suppliers according to the needs and requirements on site;
- Inspects and report on contractor’s works in progress ensuring that the contractor meets UNOPS quality standards;
- Provide support and guidance to the contractor and assists in resolving site problems, as necessary;
- Responsible for supervision of technical staff and consultants assigned to the project, and the assignment and monitoring of duties during the progress of works;
- Embed sustainability dimensions including social and gender inclusion, as well as Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental (HSSE) aspects into the project during the design and construction phases;
- Ensure PSEA measures are implemented throughout the project implementation, as per the country PSEA action plan;
- Check contractors’ and suppliers set out and works, including compliance with contracts specifications and ensures that contractors and suppliers comply with their work plans to complete work with specified scope of work, time frame, and budget;
- Attend daily the project site(s) in order to monitor progress of works, identify the existing problems and provide appropriate solutions through application of sound engineering standards in consultation with the Project Manager;
- Responsible for preparation of progress reports on construction activities, according to the agreed timeframe of works and submission of such on a weekly basis to the Project Manager;
- Assess and report on the project closing plans, archiving of cost and progress report and hand over all related reports to the Project Manager;
- Maintain records, compile periodic reports and any specific reports required by UNOPS standard procedures;
- Responsible for the preparation and verification of a database for the available materials shipped to the project, schedules of labor force, and monitoring of quality of such during the progress of works;
- Check, verify and approve the interim payments submitted by the Contractor/s and submit detailed reports to the Project Manager.
- Perform other related duties as required from Project Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University in Engineering, Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or Construction Management or related fields is required. A Master’s Degree from a recognized University in the above mentioned fields is desired.
- Two (2) years of work experience in engineering field working specifically in civil works design or supervision of engineering works or implementation of building construction projects in the region is required
- At least one year of experience working on “AutoCAD” (latest Versions – 2009 and higher) is required.
- Work Experience with an international organization and/or UN agencies is an asset.
- High proficiency with computers, and other software/ platforms related to the position's field of expertise. Good experience in working with the G-Suite platform including, Google Drive, Google Calendar, Gmail, Google Sheets, Docs, and Slides is desired.
- Fluency in writing, reading and oral English and Arabic is required.
- PRIINCE2, Project Management Professional (PMP), or similar project management certification is an asset
- Engineering - Engineering ( 2 years) - required.
in Sudan , Khartoum city
number of positions
1 Jobs available, apply now
Starting with 2 years